Slippy seat!

13 Posts | Latest reply on 06/09/2011 21:00:19 by lisaj | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Tongue HI, I've got a problem!!!! When I wore my waterproof trousers for first time on my new bike they slipped all over the place. I felt really unsafe and turned back home and put my leathers on. Does anyone know of a non slip seat cover/pad???? that would stop my bum from sliding all over th eplace Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You can go to a bike shop and get non slip stuff called magic web, or such like, or go to any cheap shop and get anti slip strips that go under mats when they're on laminate floors to stop them slipping. Its the same stuff for a tenth of the price! We just take the seat off, wrap it round, then put it back on . . simples!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Thank you Slidy much appreciate....its not much fun having a slippy sit when you come to stop and your body doesnt stop with the big Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You do tend to slide a little bit with waterproofs on - but you should get used to it after a while. Especially if you are on a new bike too. Is it a completely new style of bike to you as you may find your muscles are still getting used to supporting your weight and balance (noticing it more so in the wer) but yeah if its a big problem then like do like Slidy suggests   I do find with my leathers on that I end up sticking to the seat too much in the dry, and I tend to move around the bike a bit, specially on track days.   (Although if its wet you shouldn't really be trying to outbrake Rossi TongueBig smile )                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I can't believe i said simples!!!!! . . . . Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

see Slidy ?  they get in your head, no matter what you try to do and resist - the get in there . .  go compare .. .  damn  I mean go figure Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

You can get some black foam/rubber type matting, like a criss-cross pattern with holes, its whats used to line the drawers of a tool cabinet or box. You won't slip anywhere with that stuff,. getting back off takes a bit more care though, because it does grip well. Ohh,.. and its about the cheapest possible option you'll find too, just cut it to shape/size.  
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

Duck anti slip Matting  from Wilko,  i use it to protect my paint work from panniers, but it would work as a anti slip seat cover for a seat, good quality and you get a shed load of it for a fiver Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Big smile Thanku guys for all your help , will be checking out your suggestions..... leathers ok for summer but not autumn, winter and spring.....well really in all honesty summer too ........... in wales any way Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

Lol, Slippy seat solution has just been on Dragon's Den LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Ha ha!!  I saw that as well Lisa!

For all those that didn't see it, it basically consists of a sort of velcro patch that you strap to the seat and then ... the best bit ... is a kind of velcro nappy that the pillion puts on ... seriously!!                                                                                                                                                                             
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ah! Made for goldwing owners then!                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

LOL It was hilarious wasn't it?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4492 seconds. There are 847 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption