Bike-jacked by Rioters (London)

16 Posts | Latest reply on 18/08/2011 09:49:16 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

A mob dragged a motorcyclist from his £9000 superbike and made off with it during rioting in London, on Tuesday.   Andy Burt, 47, was riding his year-old Honda CB1000R home from work in central London just after 6pm when he stumbled into a developing riot in Peckham.   The married father-of-two said: "I was warned before I left the office about trouble in Brixton and Lewisham, but I hadn’t heard anything about Peckham, which is on my usual route home.   "When I got there, I saw a load of people standing in the road and a pizza delivery bike on its side. I thought there had been a road accident and stopped. The next thing I knew, someone shoved me hard from behind and pushed me and the bike over sideways.   "I was dragged away from the bike by youths in hoodies. I don’t know exactly how many but at least half a dozen. In the struggle one of them tried to take my rucksack but didn’t manage it.   "Then they ran off and some bystanders ushered me away to a safer place at the other side of the road.   "Someone tried to get the bike up and failed. They basically couldn’t lift it. Then I tried to go back to it. I don't really know why. I obviously didn't think very much.   "As I went to pick it up, I got dragged away and onto the ground again. One guy who must have been about six foot, wearing a brown hoody, shouted at me to stay back. Then he picked it up and before I knew it he was riding away with a pillion.   "They rode towards south Peckham and I haven’t seen it since. At that point I decided to get out of there."   Burt, a business manager from Rochester, said there didn’t appear to be a single police officer in the vicinity as the trouble flared.   "I never saw a police officer anywhere," he said. "I’d overtaken a bus just before stopped and as I walked quickly back up the street I saw it on fire.   "I walked all the way back to the office and by the time I got there, the same burning bus was on the news."   Burt only bought the naked superbike a month ago for £7500 second-hand. Because the keys were in the ignition when it was stolen, his insurer has said the case must be reviewed before any compensation is paid.                                                                                                                                                                                
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Bloody hell, Sandi..that's awful. That poor guy will be gutted..and kicking himself for having stopped in the first place. Cameron has mentioned compensation.....but imagine that it won't stretch this far Unhappy

I only hope that these riots aren't the thin end of the wedge. must be quite a few people living close to the edge by now :<<                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I think conscription will be reintroduced, doesn't seem like ASBOs or YOI are working. Perhaps a spell of hard graft and being shouted at is what's needed for some of these thugs?                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just find an empty old army or RAF camp find suitable persons to be guards, then lock all the rooters in there. Minimum sentence two years, deprive them of any rights and just give them 3 square meals every day, rules are only for the guards, oh I forgot there are no rules for the guards, treat them mean and make them conform to discipline, no time off for good behaviour and if at the end of your time you still don't conform then sentence is continued till they do.
Just my opinion
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

conscription - not a chance. the country can't afford it. cameron and co are going to mouth off about this and that but nothing will change. those pussy footing do gooders are equally to blame for the destruction of our country as the thugs on the street are.. getting rid of the do gooders and bringing back common sense might help. ENOCH POWELL WAS RIGHT. but the damage is done now. this country is fuc_ _ _
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Weigh up the cost in damages to property, and people, against the cost of 're-educating' the thugs, I think the latter would probably work out cheaper.   OR they could just send them all to a holiday camp, like they do with some other offenders.                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

Well I'm offering the camp, just hasn't got the holiday bit :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

UK riots is a bit misleading, as there isnt any trouble of note in Scotland or Wales .  so not really fair to tar them with the general brush of a UK wide problem.   National Service should be brought back anway - doesnt mean it has to be armed forces, but theres plenty of things that could be done around the country (and overseas) that could be helpful and teach a bit of respect for what you have                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

National Service should be brought back anway doesnt mean it has to be armed forces, but theres plenty of things that could be done around the country   I agree with that, there are a lot of charities that could do with some helping hands in one way or another.                                                                                                                                                                               
Paj1369's Profile
Paj1369

In: Pickering (York)
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

The 'armed forces' idea wouldn't work,.. they would just come out fitter and better at fighting than when they into it,.. ready for when it all kicks off again.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

any one thought what would happen if you gave these twats guns shoot them do us all a favor  wipe them of the face of the earth   they deserve it kill an 60 od old man kick him to death for trying to put out a fire   they dont deserve the breath they breath                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

how can the insurance refuse to pay he was forced of the bike                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

They cannot Clive ... unless there is a clause in his insurance which does not cover him for riot or civil unrest, then the fact that it was during a riot would bring the claim into question.

The fact that the keys were in the ignition should not make any difference, in a normal situation its just the same as being car jacked                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

present company exsepted   but all insurance companys should be taken out and hung by the soft squidjy bits till they cry for forgiveness and start giving realistick prices                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Clive that'd just never going to happen we just get ripped off for staying legal minor speeding your nicked minor traffic offence your nicked why because you register, mot , tax , and insure your bike we just become a Target for collecting money                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

As far as i am aware most insurance companies do not cover riot damage or theft.

You can make a claim against the police under a very old law dating back to the 1800s, but you have to prove that they could have prevented you or your property being damaged and in that law a riot is deemed as 12 or more people all thinking the same thing at the same time who have confronted a figure of authority and have decided collectively through discussion to ignore them lol

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1065 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption