another insurance rip off

11 Posts | Latest reply on 13/08/2011 09:07:39 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

well got new bike now cannot ride it for two weeks old insurance ends 24 th aug new one starts 25 aug cannot use old insurance for new bike   if i want to start cover on new insurance now i got to cancell old insurance and loose no claims bonus if i want to transfer old insurance to new bike it will cost 45 quid paperwork cost and extra cover for more expencive bike  but new bike is 150 quid cheeper to insure this year than the old one would have been  confused   you should try it this end                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Your situation is similar to the reason I do not have a multibike policy anymore . I have individual policys for each bike all with there own no claims bonus .                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Katooom, i'm a little confused here, how can you have several no claims bonus running at the same time, i can understand one for a car and a sperate one for a bike, but several on several different bikes this puzzles me Confused   Especaially when you can't transfer them from cars to bikes and vice versa Confused Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
kwak72's Profile
kwak72

In: blackburn

I had the same problem last year,so i paid the extra and gave the date i was getting my new bike for the policy to change over,That all went tits up when 2 days befor change over i was told i would not get my new bike for another 2 week,so  The ins was left on my old bike till the policy ran out, but i did not get refunded the £40.00 i had paid as the paper work had already been drawn up, i was just happy they did not charge me a second time. Its all a bloody big con x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well Blade R  you can't use the same no claims on 2 seperate policys but you can have more than one set of no claims ,You can not have more than one set of no claims on  one bike, but you can have one set of no claims for each bike  . I tend to change bike frequently depending on what I happen to have as a route to work .And going through the bikes I have had multibike policys have given me a very hard time when I want to change and alter the bikes on the policy with , penaltys ,reassesments ,fully canceling the policy then starting a new one again usually at higher cost,demanding very specific security arrangments ,, the list went on . Also  having a back up no claims when you spend your time in London traffic is handy ;)  
papalaza's Profile
papalaza

In: cambridge

Yes katooom your right and it was also cheaper to insure both bike separately with the same insurer get that!
Also forgot to tell them about 3 points and when I did they loaded it up another £90.00 and they will be 5 years old in sept
Total rip off!!! any excuse to grab more money.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

pap, if the points were 5 years ago there was no need to tell them. Most points (speeding for example) are valid for 3 years, and can be taken off your license after 4 years. . . . . your points were up!                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

I think there is some rule where you have to tell the insurers if you had any points in the last 5 years even though they may no longer be valid!   After I crashed my Pan I never claimed and left it in the garage to fix 'one day'. The insurance company insured me without my say so for another year on it and I didnt realise. When the next policy was up they sent me a reminder this time and I phoned them to say the bike had been off the road for more than a year. They said that was illegal and I wasn't covered then! Huh! The outshot was I was forced to immediately cancel because I had told them the bike was off road so lsing a years no claims bonus.  They tried to charge me £45 for cancelling so I threw the bill away and have not heard from them since. As I had two bikes running on different policies I luckily had no claims still on the other policy but the scams they try and pull to rip people off are unbelievable.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the insurance i got was £10 more because i got 3 points for speeding  but for the first time i have had the pillion cover extra on my policy                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Hey Guys hope this helps ..

Claims are within the last 5 years (used to be 3 till the claims racket went loopy so its 5 now Cry)

Points there is no time limit in the question, the question is (or should be) ... Have you ever had any motoring convictions? .... some points last 10 years 

You MUST tell your co especially if they are shown on your licence, What should happen is when the points code is put in ie SP30 & the date , the system auto comes up with if the points are still valid or not. 

If they are spent then under the rehabilitation of offenders act, they cannot by law be taken into account when working out your prenium, as you have been deemed to have served the penalty for that offence Thumbs Up, however if you have had them & say no because they are spent ... it can invalidate your insurance, this is because rather that load extra for having had points which they cannot do once points are spent, some companies will not insure you if you have had them, as its an insurance risk, (bit like young drivers) which they can do.

As far as Mid term adjustments go ... all companies charge for doing the paperwork its just the level you pay that differs, but its always worth it if your going to get a refund of above what the MTA is Big smile

& yeah ... sorry guys I work for an insurance broker Embarrassed

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/En...G_10022425

There is a list for anyone who may need it, of all endorsements & how long they are on your licence for,

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 570 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption