Spectacles

79 Posts | Latest reply on 14/12/2011 08:25:25 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I had my eyes lasered 5 years ago (i was short sighted).  They told me at the time that there will always be deterioration over the age of 40, and the effects of the treatment could last forever, or i could need glasses again within a few months.  I was 44 at the time, and in the last year i've noticed a change to my near vision, so much that i bought a pair of cheap "off the rack" specs for the odd occasion when i'm at work.  I used to hate the misting and messing about putting my glasses on with my helmet, so it was worth it just for that.   In case you're wondering,... The treatment IS completely painless,  there's just a bit of soreness for a day or so, (and i would do it again).                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I would have loved to have laser treatment,,but optician said to me it would not correct my vision ??????he did not give me details as to why,,,,but i might look into it again next year !!!!,,,sick of the hassle with specs like you say !!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Craig, I don't have any probs with life savers, I can see clear right to edge of lens, I'm -6.3 in both eyes, I wouldn't find the handlebars without my specs.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

harry,,its not just life savers which are the problem,,,ive worn these for 2 weeks to try and get used to them but cant,,,and i was told that the tailormade wide field of vision was that easy to get used to that no-one ever returned them,,,,i,ll prove them wrong in morning !!! They may be great for the majority of people,,,and they look a lot better than bi-focals,,,but they are just not for me...and believe me ,,i wanted them to be ok !!! Back to bi-focals in morning,,,but not the exec type i have now that are the full bottom of lens,,,,might go for just the button type which will leave edge of lens normal ??thats what i'm thinking of at moment anyway,,,,may change when i wake up tomorrow !!!!! why cant my eyes be like my mind,,,21 yrs of ageLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

'Cos when you were 21, you overdid the wan*ing!Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

overdid that long before i reached 21 XK LOL

harry worth's Profile
harry worth

My eyes have always been like my mind, been blind as a bat since 21.                                                                                                                                                                              
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

whats the art in puting in contact lenzes when you cannot see what you are doing                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

black eyes Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

You no need to see glasshopper, use your inner being.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well,,,been back to specsavers today,,,handed back my wide field of vision varifocals and they tried allways to get me to keep them,,,,in the end i had to be blunt,,,only minor swear words used,,,but they got the message,,and the over reaction of getting security just made them look like ar#e holes !!!! think they want to read thier own policy regarding varifocals and trial period !!!,,,of which i had printed and firmly placed on counter !!!!! outcome is ,,,,2 pairs of bi-focals ordered and a refund of over £120... Should have known better and went to out of town optical units which i have used before without any problems..... All finished now for another 2 years !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

so how are they working out Craig                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I have just had my eyes tested again, and my prescription is changing so fast ... Where as at one point I needed glasses for everything I did and stronger for distance now I only need them for driving and have had 2 prescriptions now this year !

Apparently as you get older you can become long sighted, which if you were short sighted as I was means that your vision will correct itself for a while ... Looks like that's where I am now lol with a distance prescription of 1.25 and 1 which is a drop of .25 in each eye in 6 months ... They told me that surgery would not work for me too Craig :-(

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I went over to contact lenses after my first crash. After skidding facedown with my glasses twisted I decided that 'glass' glasses were not a good idea.  Misting up was dangerous too.  Specsavers have lowered the power of my lenses so they are OK for road and reading.  They can even supply one strong and one weak lens. 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I know this topic is old but after reading your comments Craig, re: can't get on with your new varifocals, are you sure it wasn't an incorrect prescription they gave you?   I had to take two lots of specs back TWICE to Specsavers and each time they had got my prescription wrong. I won't go there again. I got headaches and blurred vison because my 'script was incorrect.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Specsavers...ha!

I wear glasses for reading  and had the prescription (very mild)  made up at Specsavers. Went to pick them up on the said day, tried them on, and thought - bit weird this, visions the same on or off! Turned out the dozy sods hadn't put the prescription bit in the lensLOL!

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

ROFLMHO LOL  typical of Specsavers                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

Wat a really usefull informative thread! I started to have to use glasses only a couple of years ago and can relate to the issues raised. It has certainly made working as a mechanic so much more dificult, particularly welding or working upside down under a car dash! Thanks all for the feedback. Andy                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6523 seconds. There are 706 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption