cleaning engines

8 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2011 20:12:37 by mickyd | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

whats the best way to get a nice clean finnish to a black engine ?   it does'nt matter what I use it allways comes out with a film of dirt like dust on my engine cases as its a fairly old bike i put it down to that but there must be some way of getting a nice shine back into early 90's triumph engines any Ideas Question                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Wash it dry then cloth wd40 and then wipe all excess off, nothing will stay clean for long                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

The film of dirt is the soap that still on it make sure the motor is cold and the water is very hot when you wash it over if you have a compressor dry off with air gun then as JTB says WD4O on a cloth or just spray on and dab off then polish any alloy  casings with solvo autosol if you get any polish on the black just use old tooth brush with wd40
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I just douse mine with Scottoiler FS365 - works miracles!                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Sorry forgot to say lots of hard work there is no easy option

Greg62's Profile
Greg62

In: Chesterfield

Hide it behind a full fairing Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

thanks for the input guys Ive tried the wd40 trick it just dries and leaves a dull white film of dirt ! what about silicon spray  has anyone used that ?                                                                                                                                                                              
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester

Hi Wheely , I have a tiger and i use SDOC 100 Black and Shine , works for me !
kev                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption