waterman warickshire wednesdays

31 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2011 05:18:05 by JP | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just so none of you waste your time going to the waterman on a wednesday night, thought i'd let you know the manager of the pub has put out a notice saying bikers are no longer welcome as they want to be a family pub. they recommended bikers find another venue. charming really, ive been going for 20 years.   anyway if your out this way (west midlands) on a wednesday night a few of us are now meeting at the arrow mill just outside alcester, opposite the entrance (main) to ragley hall. we will be there from around 6pm. the manager of the pub is a biker, the roads and views are great round there and there is enough parking for a good thousand bikes. the victory club also use it as a venue along with a few harley owners.   hope to see you there, im the one with the big green monster. come say hi.   heres the link to the location. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Arrow+Mill,+Alcester&am...h&z=14                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Sounds like a pub in Peterborough a few years ago which was a bike orientated pub for years until a new landlord took over and banned bikers. With no trade and desperate for custom he put a board outside on BMF weekend saying bikes welcome. We had a contingent outside all weekend advising people to go elsewhere as he only wanted bikers there on BMF weekend. He got nothing but the nearest pub to him was packed out.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Hi L B, nice post, shame the pub landlord feels that way. The Waterman's loss the Arrow Mills gain.   (Gorgeous bike, Busas are attractive but you've made yours a beaut!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Other landlords have tried to stop bikers using the Waterman and it has closed down on more than one occasion to my knowledge.   Bikers, stop using the pub at anytime as well as just wednesdays.   This behavior harkens back to the 'no bikers allowed' of the 70's. You don't see many of them now, they know where their bread is buttered! There is a lot of land at the Waterman, could it be destined for housing development?   The beer was never any good there and the food always suspect and overpriced  too!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Well Boss Mom put it on facebook to see whats going on and the owner has put in a new manager and he wonts a familey pub now the owner would like the bikers to use the hatton country park just down the road ? think he wonts best of both but think we should all vote with our wallets move on and not return
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

L.B. Thnx for the heads up on Watermans. Gotta say no great loss not goin there. Arrow Mill looks like it's worth a visit and I'll certainly let all my mates know.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah, echo Simon's comment. Looks like we may be trying the Arrow Mill this Wednesday. Any more takers?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

From the brum area no diferance in distance i recon so if im free will come over                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

there loss i know. hopefully with enough intrest we can turn the arrow mill in to a great venue and make some good memories and see some of the stuff we love, bikes, girls (and men for you ladies).   hope to see as many there as we used to see at the waterman on a good night.   see you all there. come say hi. im never far from the busa, and if i am i usually have a sniper rifle positioned high up......lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I agree with JP take our money elsewhere                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

me being me, i would get a load of us together..park outside not in the car park, and all go for a drink !!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

i see where you going with that Ian lol                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

Ian does that mean he gets his cake and eats it ? no bikes on the car park so a car can park and a full till                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Anyone going? Think I will be making it                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

Andy, Don't know if I can make it to Arrow tomorrow, teachin and prob won't finish till afetr 7, so by the time I get sorted wouldn't get there till 9. Have fun though and ride safe ;))                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well i'll be there weather pending obviously. so fingers crossed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Possibly me too, "weather permitting" lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

JP...no not at all, i would just like to see the owners face when 40 bikers walk in and all ask for a glass of tap water with ice......you nowsee where i am coming from !!!!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So any other definites?  I'll be there around 7.30ish hopefully.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

See what you on to now Ian lol could we have a packet of crisps between us                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6895 seconds. There are 582 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption