the unwritten code

6 Posts | Latest reply on 09/09/2011 22:37:08 by kevinsmum | Go to original / last post
svenhassle's Profile
svenhassle

In: stoke on trent
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

what does it really mean when one biker passes another and feels obliged to nod your head aka tipping your cowboy hat

how it is after a few years on the road i just 'know'

in USA, the code is slightly different
as you ride on the right hand side of the road, the 'greeting' is to hold your left hand out

and then what really makes me laugh, scooter riders just don't get it at all

Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

A nod to me means respect to fellow biker and wishing them a safe journey!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Fatbob16's Profile
Fatbob16

In: Buckley
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Well said wendzz xx                                                                                                                                                                             
dette's Profile
dette

In: truro , cornwall

agreeing with wenders! i usually mutter 'ride safe dude'... while nodding, lol even as a pedestrian to bikers!..... yes it has caused one guy to ride into a parked car... perhaps not quite the desired effect Ermm

..on here i nod at people who's profiles have sparked an interest... be it a nice bike, a funny description or picture, a general feel for the persons character that compels me to say hi...... its just me being courteous!

... there may well be some disappointed faces reading this... i hope not though!
 Wink  x

kevinsmum's Profile
kevinsmum

In: harrogate

I always thought it was called a farm labourers wink cos they're both the same                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 1017 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption