tiger 1050

30 Posts | Latest reply on 19/09/2011 18:49:11 by mickyd | Go to original / last post
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Russ and Clive , coming to you first Russ fuel consumption is between 40-50 MPG so not bad i guess ? and Clive how do i bypass the o2 sensor ? thanks for your input .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i have no idea i got the info from a bloke on ebay i am watching one on ebay and its on there                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Hi Clive , I have ordered one from a guy in greece ???? apparently its a case of tracing the cable back from the sensor until you get to the connector at the loom end , disconnect it and plug the bypass plug in ? will it work ???? but he seems to have lots of satisfied buyers .
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

whats the tiger like last few weeks they all seem to selll just that little above my limit i need a big bike myself   hopefully with room for a pillion  well a smalll one at least                                                                                                                                                                               
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Hi Clive , Well apart from my niggle with the rattle its a great bike the engine pulls like a train easy to ride and fairly comfy , that said it is quite tall  but not top heavy like the previous model , i would recommend a test ride and see for yourself ?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

top heavy   all bikes are top heavy when i sit on them   its why i am limited to what i ride i am amased at my little bike i got now it copes well with me                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My Tiger is also noisy on tickover, caused by (mainly) 2 things.

1) Clutch - It's noisy when it's sitting and ticking, as soon as I pull the lever in this noise goes away. It's been checked at the dealer and all is well. I've made only a minor adjustment on the cable to move the bite point to somewhere more comfortable.

2) Injectors - They seem a noisy tick to my ear, I can't hear them at all once I get up and above 3,000rpm and the engine still pulls great all the way round the tacho.

I came from a ྟ Bandit 600 to this so I've put a lot of the "I wonder if this is normal..." down to it being completely different from the Bandit.
It still annoys me to hear the old "They all do that, Sir" but all is mechanically well.

Now, if only I could source the intermittent metallic rattle at 4,500rpm I'd be a VERY happy man!                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Hi Stat , Thanks for your comments , it seems as though we are just being a bit sensitive to noises...... I also had a bandit prior to the tiger ... on the plus side i have fitted a booster plug to mine now and it has transformed the tickover and running of the bike ... good stuff
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It's still running very well, no gripes with it at all aside from my previous post.

Which booster plug have you fitted?                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Hi Stat , i have now fitted the mk2 version of the booster plug , works a treat and easy to fit to ...                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 1023 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption