tiger 1050

30 Posts | Latest reply on 19/09/2011 18:49:11 by mickyd | Go to original / last post
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi can anybody shed some light onto why my tiger sounds like a bag of spanners at tick over ???? its an 07 with just under 15k on the clock and fully serviced , and in standard trim . any info would be great ?                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

could it be that you haven't fed it??                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

ha ha ha i like it ........ xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Could be it's tummy rumbling!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Na , it gets well fed and watered ...... more like my tummy ! mmmmmmm wheres my burger ??????????                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Perhaps the tiger ate it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Ah very good point ??????? x                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

See, I have helped you with your bike issue Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Ha Ha , If only that were true ??? maybe i need to be more forceful with it instead of taking it to get pampered .......                                                                                                                                                                              
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

I Know its a triple but should it be this rough ??????                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

mmmmmmmm i guess the fountain of knowledge has dried up ?????                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

can anyone give me some advice on this issue or should i set fire to it ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi i think you should check the damper springs in the clutch basket as they have a habit of breaking up and eventually the bits get in the oil pump and cause loss of oil pressure.

Steve

Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

ill ask my brother micky he has same bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I suppose its hard to say without actually hearing it - my 955i sounded a little rough compared to the RF600 I had, until it was revving freely . But I never really worried about the tickover noise (It was never as bad as the Ducati cutlery drawer sound). Has dealer near you said anything about it?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My 900 Trophy always sounded like something had come loose on tick over, but it ran ok. It did have a couple of niggles, but when I fixed them, it still sounded the same. Even gave up one time, took it to a reputable motorcycle garage, who fixed the problem (knackered coil), and it still sounded like a tin of nails. I just put it down to it being a triple.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have you had your shims checked out? I have a T509 Triple and had a similar problem - had to get it remapped - my mate has a Tuneboy set up so I'm gonna stick it on there and really nail it!                                                                                                                                                                              
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Hi Russ , Yes the Shims were checked at the last service , as for the re map i had that done also at the service as i was running a K+N air filter through a Beowulf can , also the snorkel in the airbox has been modified , having thought about it i also had a booster plug connected to the air intake sensor but have since removed that , so maybe i need to get it re mapped again ????? HELP 

Thanks for all the advice so far !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Righty ho - what's the fuel consumption like on your bike? Mine bloodty guzzles it compared to the 4 cylinder bikes I've had [especially if I give it some welly] also I get a quite a bit of vibration through the transmission especially at low speed - [I've had recent gearbox and clutch rebuildbtw]
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

just been reading on a sales ad  its the o2 sensor it needs bi passing aparently it causes poor tick over and rattles   owner says its a common falt                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 1371 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption