Words/Phrases that annoy you

77 Posts | Latest reply on 18/07/2011 19:12:20 by oldyeti | Go to original / last post
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

shadow... everyone knows they are oven bottoms not bread buns!

and my pet hate word.... acksd....ohhhh you mean ASKED.... grrrr.... flippin american slang

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

@ Sandi, LOL!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
triple1's Profile
triple1

In: Preston

Saying the letter O in a phone, account number etc, instead of saying zero.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Oops guilty as charged LOL   So, do we say double zero 7 for James Bond? lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

People who insist on ramming political correctness terminology into every conversation or written page, then squealing like a stuck pig when someone, usually me, just says it the way I see it.
Some people out there just need to grow a pair and find something more important to worry about !                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Trish, I've heard West Indian people say aksed instead of asked, two characters on Eastenders do it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Zero dear Sandi, you're on form tonite.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Am I? lol it must be the new medication Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wotever it is, keep it up. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Valid point Sandi. I've never thought about it as double zero 7. The character's never pronounced the way you've described it.

Me personally I always use zero and the letter o (not for Bond though lol). But that’s from previous Army training. It is a more precise way of communicating.

wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

When guys call ya babe....its a pig in a film!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My pet hate is the incorrect use of Lend and Borrow..

Why do some insist on saying... "Can I lend ****** off you" or "You borrowed ****** to me" 

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

NEED lol - good one 1yoghurt.  Try living with my 13 year old for a day.  She NEEDED £50  the other day but when questioned it turned out she wanted £50 but only actually NEEDED £20 - for a dress lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Oh you'd best keep away from me then Deb I always use the incorrect word when lending or borrowing!  Never got my head around the difference, I lend, you borrow, you lend I borrow!!!  So I say both at the same time now lol!!!!!

Like Wenders I do not like being called babe along with hun, hon and other such words by either men or women!!!  Oh and being called Kaz really drives me mad!!!!!  

(mmm not sure I should have said that lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Glad you got that off your chest hun Wink   Me being such a tolerant individual, I can't think of any at all ......NOT!  Probably bore you all to death if I listed all mine lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

When someone says "do you know who I am"

I makes me laugh more these days though Big smile

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"When someone says "do you know who I am""

My favourite response to this Ian is "No, but I know you're f**king ugly!", not that I enjoy winding people up lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Bread cakes lol thats what they call  bap's / bun's / cob's etc up here         worst TV cometry saying at moment is "night mare in a bubble car" the guy from moto GP                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

lol Geoff, love it i'll try next time one of the bosses say's it                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Adding 'like' to the end of every sentence, usually pronounced 'loike'.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6172 seconds. There are 738 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption