Words/Phrases that annoy you

77 Posts | Latest reply on 18/07/2011 19:12:20 by oldyeti | Go to original / last post
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

'I will give it 110%' Grrrrrrr, you can't achieve any more than 100%   'Texted' Grrrrrrr, there is no such word!!!! 'I sent a TEXT, I received a TEXT, someone sent me a TEXT'....see what I mean!!!!   Inaccurate uses of; their, there, they're, to and too   There are many more, but I need to; send a text, receive a text, get their supper ready so that it is 100% to their liking.   And breathe LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

And then there's :- your and you're                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

My point exactly                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My pet hate phase at the moment is 'on my watch' it is the in word of the moment                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I cringe when people say, 'I hear what you are saying'.....because they may well hear me, because my voice is audible, but in truth, they do not understand a word that I am saying!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

BL... Good on ya lass :-)

He's agait, she's agait.... Wtf??

Nurses saying they've 'met themselves coming backwards' when you've seen them stood around the nurses station all damned day..

Patients who are 'short of breath on exertion' whinging for 10 mins without taking a breath between words...

Folks that say they wouldn't harm a fly when u know damned well they'd take the greatest pleasure in picking their wings off and feeding the bits to a spider

Oh and my favourite 'my problem is I'm too nice and too much of a walkover' when u know damned well they're working out ways to get one on u lol...

oooo just thought of another... 'I live eat breathe bikes' then u go to watch the races and they're asleep in 3 minutes, the bike comes out once a year and only when it's sunny and when u put the bikes on the box it's automatically turned over, series links disappear and then u get told 'no u can't hav a bike'.... And I'm only going to say this once- that will not happen ever again :-) lol
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

OH.....MY..........GOD!!...............AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH                                                                                                                                                                              
46kittykatt46's Profile
46kittykatt46

my current hate is "init!""   thats all i hear at work!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Clarkeeeeeee????                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

phrases that annoy me , blimey there are so many, :

its like totally awsome,
is it because i is black,
i think we should just be friends,
oh your twice divorced? never mind third time lucky!
did you want to top up your mobile or buy stamps while your here?
 and the one that really bugs me> you like motorbikes? but your a girl!                                                                                                                                                                             
SuzieSuzuki's Profile
SuzieSuzuki

In: Warwickshire

I once told my other half to "Cop yourself on!" and he hated that... he said he really REALLY hates that phrase.   I chose my moments to say it to him now and then... the Devil inside me makes me do it! Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My biggest pet hate, and I have a habit of bringing this into a lot of conversations lately (so apologies for being unoriginal), is use of the word 'NEED'.

For me 'need' is a blanket for a homeless dude, nutrition for a baby, water for everyone, ala maslow's hierarchy etc

'NEED' is not organic carrots, a 52" flat screen, to be listened to properly.  This makes me sound really intolerant but it seems every time I switch radio 4 on, someone is talking about their 'needs' as though their life depended on them!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oven bottom muffins ........................ they are BREAD BUNS!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sf  or are they barms or baps or teacakes??? depends where you are in the country, what gets me is when you order one and they know what you mean but they still have to correct you.                                                                                                                                                                             
lisaj's Profile
lisaj

In: Barnsley

When people write carn't instead of can't.... Where did the R come from??

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It came from the farmers. they use and "O" too. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

LOL @ Z62's comment.     'Should OF', instead of 'Should HAVE'   'EverythinK' instead of 'everythinG'                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sandi, don't u mean "evryfink" ?? an "Shud of" Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Peeps that cannot for the life of them constuct even a simple sentence without using the 'f' word.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Sandi, don't u mean "evryfink" ?? an "Shud of" Wink   That's wot I sed init? LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6055 seconds. There are 690 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption