Would you change the colour of your bike?

19 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2011 21:33:35 by fastjock | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Some of you will know I came off my bike last year and it's suffered some cosmetic damage.   I have the chance to buy the body work from a black CBR plus he'll swap the bits not being purchased (tank, tail peice, mud guard etc).   The black panels are mint apart from a small bit cut out the nose cone so flat bars would fit. This would need to be repaired so I'd still be looking at some sort of paint job.   I really like the look of the bike in black but I will become harder to see.   What would others do? Would you change the colour of your bike?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sod the colour, just add a pair of forward facing 50mm cannons. Evil Smile       (tch...XK ruining a perfectly serious thread again - wot a dipstick)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Think this is a choice only you can make as for harder to see a black bike don't think that means much if there not looking anyway                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Personally no I wouldn't , but then again there is no damage so could not really say if I was in your position.

For me one of the things that attracted me to the bike I have is th colour, I knew I wanted an SV as my 1st bike, looked at lots of different ones that were for sale, but fell in love with Vinny for his colour, I don't know what would have happened if Ian had come back and said, nope it was no good lol.
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I know it's a personal choice but thought others might have opinions on things like potential resale value etc.   I prefer the look of the black bodywork which is the main reason I'm considering it...trashing my own just makes it more attractive. I guess if the black panels didn't have their own little bit of damage to correct I'd know the answer, it would be done already!   Your SV is a very nice colour Shell, matches my leather jacket.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thanks Roachy .... Guess what I meant (really must wake up proper before I post) is it wouldn't be Vinny the bike I wanted if I changed the colour.

Mind you you said yourself you feel like you have a new bike at the mo, so if you like the black then go for it ! And fall in love with your 'new' old bike, cheaper than getting a new new one ... I think you will know what I mean lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Can't see that black would affect the re-sale value at all so shouldn't be a problem there.  As for it being harder to see you, I had a fuchsia pink Harley Davidson which as well as the colour was very loud - doesn't stop them pulling out on you because you are invisible apparently lol.   If you like it, go for it.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Do you think it may be because you were pink Boss Mom lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Is it 'cos I's pink?  No, I don't think so                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Rosa Capo Madre lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I don't think the colour of the bike has anywhere near as much effect as the colour of your clothing.  If you want black, have black, if you fancy another colour go for that ;p                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nowt wrong with black, as long as its got a bit of silver or gold on it to break it up                                                                                                                                                                             
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

If you prefer your bike in black then go for it Big smile In a previous post it was stated that it should not affect the resale value of your bike so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.                                                                                                                                                                              
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

as my bike aint worth very much and anything would enhance it i would go for black i think as looking a bit worse for wear, could take off the fairing and spray it or bronze lol shiny shiny                                                                                                                                                                               
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I made my mind up last night to go for it. Thanks to all for your input.   A friend said it would show up on a HPI check and could cause people to ask questions and/or walk away.   However, if and when selling I'd always be up front and honest and would never advertise the bike as never dropped etc, let alone never crashed. I'd be open about the colour change and the reasons why, including my little accident.   I've also got the chance to nab his mirrors, indicators and probably his exhaust if it's standard as with what he's doing to the bike, I doubt he'll be keeping a standard can.    Just have to make sure after doing all this I don't drop the bloody thing again...or crash it!                                                                                                                                                                              
gixergal's Profile
gixergal

In: North East Linco
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Roachy, don't forget to send your log book in informing them of the colour change when it's sprayed. That way all documentation will match up if you decide to sell in the future. 

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

at least its not pink !                                                                                                                                                                              
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

How about Pink and Black???? lol                                                                                                                                                                              
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

i've been planning a paintjob on my Bandit since i bought it 9yr ago , had an offy 1 mile out o the show room , bought brand new too .   Lack of funds has kept paint job on the back burner , maybe next yr .   Going black with copper fleck , wheels will be done in copper , seat cover already designed Suzuki's S logo on rider's seat , Scottish Thistle logo on pillion seat and piping all done in copper .   Engine will get a re-paint too , should look brand new again once done   Prob have to put on a new set of pipes and end-can aswell                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 434 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption