Five Inch Gap

8 Posts | Latest reply on 07/07/2011 16:37:27 by geoffb2005 | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not bike related, but had to post because I've just read this from a RoSPA journal and it has left me a little speechless!

Fella in Barnsley got snagged on a conveyor system in a factory and pulled through a hole the size of a CD case .... and survived!!

'In December 2008, Matthew Lowe got caught on a computer controlled conveyor belt system for moving heavy steel beams after peering into an outlet point to check a line of work.  His clothing snagged on the machine and he was forced through an opening no wider than a CD case on the machine head.  He suffered multiple injuries, including a ruptured stomach and bowel, broken back, shattered pelvis and fractured both hips, his right arm and several ribs.

HSE Inspector Chris Chambers said: "It almost defies belief that Mr Lowe's body could contort in such a way to fit through the opening it did and it's even more astonishing that he survived to tell the tale."'

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

That’s awesome. Especially as; "It almost defies belief that Mr Lowe's body could contort in such a way to fit through the opening it did and it's even more astonishing that he survived to tell the tale."                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

his new nick name is                        mr occtopus                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Dec 2008? Geoff I know news is thin on the ground but crikey 3 yrs old lol   I reckon he must have been born in Barnsley to survive that incident, we are strong folk from Barnsley.  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

I dont beleive that for a second, try putting a c.d case on top of your head and imagine hearing your neck snap !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

It's his head that I simply can't understand either Boody!  I can understand the rest of him going through, although I would presume of course that it would kill him.  But for his head to go through and not even suffer a fractured skull, I don't get it!

Yeah, it is three years old Sandi, but my reason for only spotting it now was that the verdict on the company he worked for has just been announced, along with their fine.

Whatever, it's still absolutely amazing.

Found this since posting;

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Factory-Worker...3415959244                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

I remember this being on the  news at the time ! and couldnt see how his head went through with out fractures must be a thick head eh!                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

Yes - or a rat lol!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 926 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption