Kirsty's round Britain Challenge

38 Posts | Latest reply on 25/08/2011 08:54:02 by mungybear | Go to original / last post
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

will you be in lancashire anytime on your journey                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

the guy leaves Scotland on the 12 August to ride round Britain,  dont know when he's were yet

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

The website is supposed to be updated daily during his trip detailing where he is expecting to be and when.  So we'll know properly then.                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham

Hi guys, the trip is around the coast of britain Wales and northern ireland, the hard way, no cheating! (except by boat to ireland), so there will be loads of places to tag along Thumbs Up

In case kirstyskids.org  website goes awol, i shall try my best to keep you guys updated on Johns whereabouts. 

He may even pop in here!

And Wenders, i would like to do the Wales in part to if i can Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Hey Mungybear, yeah would love to do some of the wales part, cant get no sense out of website so updates as to when and where would be great, cheers                                                                                                                                                                              
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I'll join you on Whitby to Humber if dates work out ok.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

let you know as soon as we have dates Harry or was it Ken                                                                                                                                                                              
johno's Profile
johno

In: stock on trent

theres not many times im lost for words but this is one he can count on a donation and i will hopefully be able to tag on when he hits the welsh coast as thats the closest to me . all the best to fella if it was one of mine dont know what i would do                                                                                                                                                                             
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough

Here's the link to the planned route. Assuming day 1 on the plan is August 12th should be able to work out dates and locations from that. http://www.kirstyskids.org/john.pdf If the link doesn't work, from the kirstyskids website click on the fundraising link, scroll to bottom of the page, and there's a link to the PDF route. I'm going to check my dates and hopefully join the ride from North Lincs through to Suffolk.
apriliamad's Profile
apriliamad

In: bourne

hi people hopefully be able to join in the ride through lincs into norfolk but if is held up there is a bath and bed for him about 10 miles out side boston                                                                                                                                                                              
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

Okay folks, got a bit more news for you....

if you go to www.kirstyskids.org  and click on "Johns location on route" it will open a new window called viewranger. It is updated every 20 mins so you can meet him where and when you like.

I just checked his location and currently he is just off the coast of Africa LOL so i am hoping he can swim back to shore in time for the off tomorrow!

mungybear's Profile
mungybear

small correction...the location updares every hour now due to him hitting the maximun allowed updates too soon

mungybear's Profile
mungybear

look here.....

http://www.facebook.com/kirstyskids

and

http://www.viewranger.com/buddybeacon/v2/?bb[]=johncbry...t.com;2802

to keep upto date Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Just recently learnt that John is further around his trip than anticipated having discovered he has just spent a day or two with some friends over in Hornsea and that he left there on Friday to continue his trip!

So it appears that the Whitby to Humber run is probably off lol.

Quick check on viewranger shows his last plotted position as approaching Colchester if anyone is interested in meeting up with John.                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

Yes he is certainly moving quick on a 125!!! I managed to catch up  with him at boston and rode around the coast to great yarmouth on Sunday.

I must add that he is not doing this the easy way. "A" roads taken only when they are closest to the sea, other than that its B roads and tiny minor roads if its labelled "beach" or such like. In his words, "where the tarmac meets the sea, thats where the tyres will touch the sand".

So thats EVERY dead end road taken to the sea!!!

John is a very determined man and stops only at a red light!!!

I know some of us missed him, but there is always a point of catching him on his way back up through Wales. I shall be trying for this one.

To be absolutely sure give him a call, leave a message and he will return the call. try to be nearby when you call, not just setting off from home. 

Thanks for the continued interest guys Thumbs Up

mungybear's Profile
mungybear

Just recieved this from Kirstys facebook site

Kirsty's Kids Matthew thanks for your support I would love to have as many bikers meet up as possible it was what Kirsty had dreamed of I tried to get her to think about what she was going to undertake she said thats ok dad bikers will come to help me and they have fantastic.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'll certainly be looking out for when he will be in Wales and try my best to join on the South to West to North Wales leg so will keep checking the website.                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

you can call him too

Thumbs Up

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 592 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption