Maxxis tyre issue

14 Posts | Latest reply on 09/07/2011 22:24:59 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi, just had a new set of Maxxis Supermaxx touring tyres fitted to me 'old man's bike' a few weeks ago. But after a ride out with HFG yesterday, I noticed some damage to the tyre that looked strange.
On further inspection the 'damage' was around the whole tyre. The tyre had not fouled anything on the bike. Returned the wheel  to the dealer today and photo's have been sent to Maxxis. Looks like the tyre is to be returned for inspection, and a new tyre fitted. So has anyone had any similar issues with Maxxis supermaxx tyres? and if so what was Maxxis's response? Cheers
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

photo's?

SPESH's Profile
SPESH

To be honest it looks like the 'rubber' by the tread is shredding on the circumfrence, It looks like small cuts running parrallel the the tread that crosses the tyre.                                                                                                                                                                               
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Just checked my tyres and they look OK. I had these tyres fitted to my Honda CBR11000XX just over 2 weeks ago and done about 600 miles on them up to now. They bedded in just after 200 miles, went out last Sunday with some local biker mates for a play if you know what i mean and give them a testing on grip.
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

musnt be Spesh tires cytm !                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

Just had word from the type people. Maxxis have authorised a replacement rear tyre, and they've collected the old tyre for testing. Just got to scrub another new tyre now :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
62% Karma62% Karma 62% Karma62% Karma

sandpaper?                                                                                                                                                                              
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

nah me and hfg (a little bit of ballast), will have to go out for a blast again. Thats a shame :-) I must remember, faster round the corners :-) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
62% Karma62% Karma 62% Karma62% Karma

brake in accelerate out and keep it smooth

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

ERRRRRR.......whadya mean a little bit of ballast?????? Ouch

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

And there's me saying you looked like you had lost weight on Sunday must get new glasses                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Slap coming your way too JP!!!Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"a little bit of ballast"

It must only have been "a little bit" as well lol!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sorry to hear about your tyre woes fella, but this just indicates to me the reason to spend a bit more on a well known make of tyre, i kinda feel the maxxis tyres are bit like buying budget tyres on a car, they may be cheaoer but will they do the same job as a pirelli or Bridgestone etc...etc   Hope you get it sorted                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 601 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption