Will I get more speed from a smaller sprocket?

23 Posts | Latest reply on 08/07/2011 20:57:30 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

oh, and maybe, just maybe depending on where the speedo pick up is, altering the gearing may affect your speedo reading. I suspect yours will be off the front wheel so wont affect it.

Mine on the other hand is on the front sprocket and adding a tooth there (equivalent to taking 3 off the back) brought my speedo more to true...i.e. instead of 10% over reading, its now 3% over reading.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

big girl   i did not notice you were a big girl                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I remember nearly 3 yrs ago when I was choosing a 125. Two dealers in mind, one was saying a bit like GUNS, go for the 2 stroke for power comparison, and the other saying similar to S24_SDJ, but they said about every 12k for a rebuild. In the end I went for a CBR125R.   But same as what Geoff’s saying, I would go for the test and get yourself a 500/600. I found power wise it was quantum leaps compared to a 125.   Not just that, 2 yrs ago when I passed the basic, I was tempted to go for a black ninja 250 that would’ve cost just over £4K new, but my current bike (ZX-6R) in the same showroom, was a grand less but with an extra 60+ BHP! (2002 reg).   The moral of story is the same price you would pay for a brand new 125 or 250cc bike, would be a lot less power even against the bigger bike albeit it has age.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1875 seconds. There are 582 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption