Why you should wear proper gear

30 Posts | Latest reply on 05/07/2011 01:45:41 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Mates LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Does make you worry when you seen shorts and t shirts, even more so when its a bigger bike.   you know the old saying 1mm of bone for every 10mph if you get it wrong (summit like that I recall)                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

am having a bbq with my boys and his friends all 18 -21 and showed them this,,,,,,,,,,,the comments and attitudes are awesum ,                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i thought motorcyclists were surposed to be againced discrimination  Angry it was her choice  yes she paid the price  but it was her choice i have been down the road a few times myself and been badly hurt had to argue with the doctors to keep my right leg  but i still chouse what to wear when i like yes if the weather is bad i wear the best protection i can   a bloody big 4x4  works wonders for me                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Don't forget your insurer's will not payout in full for personal injureres if your not in full kit. no surprise there then                                                                                                                                                                              
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

In reply to Clive's comment about choice. It has to be an informed choice.  I have the choice on what I wear and it's always protective clothing If I take a pilly I feel responsible for them, so if they aren't wearing the right gear they don't get on my bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Considering the rider was going so fast that the pilly fell off the back I don't think her well being was at the forefront of his mind.   As for what you wear, yes it's sensible to wear protective clothing, but then is it sensible to inhale niccotine knowing what it does to your lungs?  Is it sinsible to drink alcohol knowing it can pickle your liver?  Is it sensible to use a vehicle that can fall over when there are plenty that can't?   We know what's sensible, but each to their own eh?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Yeah each to their own I agree, however what about the poor souls who have to clean up the mess? 

I had a bike go past me today with a rider in shorts & T shirt on the Motorway, later on down the same M/way I saw police & ambulance around someone, they were in no rush to move & said bike about 500 yards further down the road Cry

Those people doing the 'clean up' are the ones I feel sorry for, they don't have any choice in the matter, they just have to deal with the aftermath of when it all goes wrong, and then have to try & get on with life as normal. 

Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/upstate-ny-motorcyclist-dies-after-hitting-head-on-pavement-during-protest-against-helmet-laws/2011/07/03/AGNicNwH_story.html?wprss=rss_national

Sometimes you make the wrong choices but I'm firmly in the Right to choose camp.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

harry honda    yes i would not allow a pillion on my bike to unless they were dressed safely   but for myself its my choice i only ride my bike in good weather as i am severly disabled   due to bike crashes i was a dispatch rider for a to z  for 10 yrs and have seen every crash and injury posible   but i ware what i want   if its hot its a combat jacket and jeans  i would never go without a lid and gloves                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4690 seconds. There are 816 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption