Race For Life

19 Posts | Latest reply on 09/07/2011 21:12:11 by HippyRockChick | Go to original / last post
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here (Mods you can tell me off if I am)
but if you don't ask you don't get so here goes....

I've registered to do this year's Race for Life in a couple of weeks. I'd be most grateful for any sponsorship. It's easy peasey, doesn't hurt (much) and you can do it online here 

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/angelafrance1506

Thank you in advance

Ang
xThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Tax payers don't forget to tick the gift aid box :-)

Will throw some pennies in your general direction when I am home again Ange, good luck with it :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I would sponsor you but unfortunately I know Cancer Research conducts animal testing.

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/publicpolicy/ourpolicypositions/researchpolicy/animals/

HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

So, Weepiobair, I take it you are vegan, don't wear leather, don't smoke or take any drugs whatsoever?? You don't use any cleaning products, bubble bath, soap, shaving foam, deodorant etc etc etc  

I could go on, but I won't

That's fine, everyone is welcome to their opinion, 

I'm a long term vegetarian as well, and well aware of animal rights and cruelty,  but at the end of the day I'm doing this as my lovely dad died from prostate cancer, my uncle died from pancreatic cancer, my nana died from bladder cancer and one of my best friends has recently recovered from non-Hodgkins lymphoma. My manager at work (who is only just 30) has just been treated for cervical cancer and another friend for breast cancer.  

you really didn't need to make any comments whatsoever if you didn't want to sponsor me, especially negative ones. 

I really hope that you or your family and friends never suffer from cancer or any other illness 

I'm certainly against animal testing for trivial stuff like make up, bubble bath, etc etc but cancer is a cruel illness and we should do as much as we can to find a cure or at least better treatments

I don't often rant but this is something I feel very strongly about

HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

PS.
I forgot to say thanks to Shell
x                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Ive just found a pair of chewed nuts on the floor                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

glad your doing something for charity,  pet put me down for a £5 and il payat the kiss rally                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Ang,

I'll be going and sponsoring you for the good cause as I have my nieces who are also doing it.

I am an animal lover, Chicken and Steak are two of my favourites. But seriously I'm not really in favour of animal testing but if we are to eradicate some of these illnesses where possible then what else are we to do?? Are we expected to do the testing on people???

Ang, you RANT all you like luv, at least you're getting off your a**e and doing something for something you feel strongly about, I'll do my bit and sponsor you.

Dave Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ang,

There you go, done and dusted, another step closer your target but you can't use the motorbike.

Dave. Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@ HippyRockChick I could go on, but I won't More like you couldn’t. That's fine, everyone is welcome to their opinion, contradicts you really didn't need to make any comments ….especially negative ones.   First and foremost everyone is entitled to their opinion and belief. My comments were positive, a wake-up call for some, nonetheless.   And no, I’m not vegetarian. I do smoke, wear leather, etc etc.   The crux of my response is I won’t condone having an animal killed so people can live longer just because of a possible illness-cure.   Sure, I’ve lost friends and family to cancer too. But my philosophy is I don’t believe in people trying to play God. Suffice when your time’s up, your time’s up.   And, as for I don't often rant but this is something I feel very strongly about Really? Is that so? I must say at this point I have more respect for the ones’ on the other side of the coin, who jump out of aeroplanes or run marathons for their charities. I.e., put their lives on the line for ‘something they feel so very strongly about.’ ….   So, what exactly are you doing? The easy 10k or the pokey wee 5k? In either case, a walk in the proverbial park. Whoopee.   Next time you want to have a pop at me try harder (double pun intended).                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think the above post was unnecessary and the emphasis placed on the original formatting of the text only served to make it sound more aggressive/antagonistic and has been removed.   Yes, everyone is welcome to their opinion, but please could folk refrain from being derogatory towards each other to the point of abuse?   We are all different, should you wish to discuss your individual views with each other in such a tone then please do so via PM.  Should either of you wish to take this matter up with me then I'm also happy to do so via PM.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Well said Boss Mom                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Thumbs Up Your very welcome Ange, heres hoping you raise loads & loads Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

My sister is doing the Starlight Walk tomm night for the same thing so i have sponsored her Ang lady but good luck :)                                                                                                                                                                              
chickflick75's Profile
chickflick75

In: Merseyside

Hey Ang

I used to do the race for life but have recently changed to the Shine walk in manchester.  It's a fantastic event for a worthwhile cause - so well done as I know you'll complete it no probs.  sorry couldn't sponsor you more but every little bit counts I suppose.

Take care Dawn x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

But he's quite happy to condone having one killed just to feed himself lol! Spot the hypocrite Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@HippyRockChick Relax, before you think I’m having a pop I’m not. Quite the inverse actually. Infact, two days after previously commenting on your post, I profusely apologised to Boss Mom for having to intervene. And, what made me see the light was what someone else had wrote on another post (I forget the topic) describing how, in a matter of words, unpleasant it is for others to read arguments within posts.   I won’t go on. But since the forementioned event I have also spoken to non-biker friends about this, as I don’t know everything and sometimes get it wrong.   Concisely, cancer research is a controversial subject and I should of just bit my tongue and moved onto a personal likeable one. But I didn’t, I had a lapse in concentration and I’m truly sorry for any upset my previous comments have caused.   Enjoy your day. Ronnie                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Dont see that very often on here someone apologise well said that man                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

apology accepted Handshake

so, it's tomorrow folks

due to the kindness of people I've passed the £100 target I'd set myself but the more the merrier

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/angelafrance1506

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1212 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption