Saddle Soap

14 Posts | Latest reply on 01/07/2011 18:02:01 by Rhidragon | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Has anyone tried Saddle Soap to clean and condition leathers? I wondered if anyone has tried it or uses it n found it to be good or bad ?

Mark                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

been using it for years mark , i recomend it !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I asked my cobbler guy (Shocked) best thing to clean & condition my trousers. I was after dubbin but he recommended cleansing cream that you use on leather sofas. It did a really good job, cleaned off the salt deposits that leached out of em when they got saturated, left em all nice & soft & supple and I stayed dry when it rained
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

sadle soaps top but u do need to clean it of very well or it crakes                                                                                                                                                                               
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Hi Sparks, I had heard so many different things so went my local equestrian shop and they told me about this 'Flexalan' lanolised leather dressing, you clean off the muck with a damp cloth first, allow to dry then use a paint brush to apply a thin coat, allow to dry and repeat.  Seems a bit off faffing but my jacket is like new again and it has increased it's waterproofiness lol.  The 500ml tin cost £9.99 and I reckon it will last years.  Good luck with whatever you go with Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Thanks for the advice everyone Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

A guy in the leather shop once told me that a nailbrush and normal hand soap is as good as anything to clean leathers, then after a rinse and dry, a coating of Renapur for protection. I must admit, it seemed to work ok on the coloured power ranger suit, but i didn't try it on my black stuff.                                                                                                                                                                                
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

Hmmm, not sure about the nailbrush Weirdo. I thought it would be ok as my sister once used one to clean a cream leather suite but I used a soft one on my babyblue leather jacket and it sort of took bits of the top layers of dye off. The black sections were fine though.   It is a fairly lightweight leather jacket though, built for form rather than function.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I used to be a leatherworker many moons ago. Saddle soap was always my recommended choice. But these days there are lots of other products on the market which will also do a good job. However, I say stick with the tried and trusted. You wont go far wrong.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I used to be a leatherworker many moons ago   Is that what they used to call them?   What is it now? S&M or summat.   What exactly does your shop sell (below the counter, I mean)Embarrassed   ps - Bill very excited nowHeart                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It just gets worse LOL And its not my shop, I just work there.......and I keep biccies under the counter                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Sorry read that post title wrong. I thought it said saddle sore. Memo to self. Put your glasses on you blind git :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

biccies under the counter sounds good to me Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Rhidragon's Profile
Rhidragon

In: Hudderfield

I always use saddle soap on my leather stuff.

I apply it with a cloth. Got a tub in my leatherworking kit. Lasts for ages. 

Takes me over an hour to do my long leather coat, but that is a lot of cow to soap lol.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 970 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption