Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you?

47 Posts | Latest reply on 28/06/2011 18:42:38 by honda baby | Go to original / last post
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A mates got one of these big Kawasaki cruiser things,looks liks/sounds like/rides like a Harley
  (Loads cheaper and hasn't broken down yet)                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Sprint I had a Kawasaki VN 1500 cc and it looked like a heritage was shaft drive so no maintence there - I loved it, traded it in for the Strreet Bob.  I do miss it to be honest.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Harleys do look the part I must say.On a similar vein a guy I used to work for had a brand new Ducati 916,he bought a Yam R6 to 'potter' on,realised it did all he was able to on a bike-the 916 now lives on a plinth in his pool room!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i'm jealous bobkat, mine still isn't running properly! - i put it down to the character of the bike!! i just sometimes wish it was a more 'i'm gonna start and run today' character!  but when it is going properly - fantastic.
 don't mind saying (leaving myself open to ridicule!)  i rode a sportsbike a while back (some zx thing with hoover pipes on the tank! - i think) and it scared the s%$ out of me, i don't need to go that fast!  i'll take my unreliable harley anyday!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

maybe they vibrate like a washing machine on fast spin thats why the ladies like them ? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
potnoodles's Profile
potnoodles

In: Sheffield

I think so Wheely!!!   Tractor for me - way too slow - but they are fun for the odd ride out. Each to his/her own ofc.   For me its not the top end - but the acceleration and feeling that front wheel lift as you power on coming out of a bend still lent over - scary as shit but oh so exhilirating!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                 
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

Well i spent most of last weekend on the back of Joes HD Sportster ( custom ) one of the older ones. I found it uncomfortable and felt every pothole and bump Ermm On the one hand i love the roar of it ( pipes have been changed !)  and i must admit it's a lovely looking bike Wink but having spent the last few months on the back of his Triumph Sprint ( also one of the older ones ) Well there is no contest Thumbs Up I love the Trumpet ..... the speed, the smoothness ,the comfort, and boy can it handle the twists and holds up well in strong winds Thumbs Up I have had jap bikes  myself for the last few years and i loved my cbf Big smile but as has been said ....each to their own and ride safe everyone whatever your choice of steed  Thumbs Up.....HB x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2188 seconds. There are 569 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption