Harley Davidson - Treasure or Tractor which is it for you?

47 Posts | Latest reply on 28/06/2011 18:42:38 by honda baby | Go to original / last post
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I ride a Harley Davidson Road King called MacBeastieHeart.  I love every bit of him (even the bits that have fallen off Pinch).  I have heard probably every joke LOL there is about them but am genuinely interested in how many people that slag them off have actually ridden oneCool?  I truly do not take offence to the ribbing I get constantly for riding a Harley, however, have noticed that HD riders rarely slag off other types of bikes.  I admire anyone who rides any bike and this is not a dig at anyone, I am honestly interested in everyone's opinion - this is not a thread that will turn into a bun fight Ouch I promise.  So I'm braced and ready - bring on your thoughts, thank you Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later

if its bigger than mine , and its in good nik , i`ll swap (any make or model ) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

As I ride one aswell I know that we do get stick all the time but if we dare to talk about other makes we get the world against us                                                                                                                                                                              
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I dont own one and nor do I want to have one of my own, but I have ridden one, 10 day tour up the california coast line, the bike was an electra glide with what seemed like a sofa on the back for the wife to sit comfortably on. I enjoyed riding it and it could shift when it wanted to, and I was quite cocomfy after a while with the footboards scraping when you go round corners. The bike was excellent for the job it had to do, we rode about 300 to 350 miles a day and never once were we tired when we got off.
The reason I wouldnt have one myself is that it doesnt suit the type of riding I do in this country, big open roads yes but twisties are a bit different.
Nothing against them though.Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

i love harleys !!!!!!,, been on a few and they kick ass!!!

Thumbs Up<<, for bobkat xx

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Well I for one love Harleys but everyone I know doesn't like them but to be fair they all love their sports bikes, so it's each to their ownWink. I'd love to own one but a bit pricey for me. Most people who slag them off tell me they're unreliable, don't know how true that is?? Only been on a street bob and that was fantastic but it didn't corner that wellUnhappy but that engine oh...potato potato lol..sends shivers down me spineBig smileThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Timeout's Profile
Timeout

In: Midlands
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

JP. All the crap that seems to be aimed in your direction i dont think the insults are ment for your bike, its just that you happen to own one. Just an observation dear boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You're only jealous Bob, found room for mine yet?                                                                                                                                                                             
bomb doctor's Profile
bomb doctor

In: Cheshire

I dig my HOG Iron, always wanted one from when I was young, but never took the leap until recently. I've had a number of Sporty's (CBR, GSXR, R6 & briefly R1 trackbike). Loved every minute of riding them all but decided it was time to slow things down and enjoy my riding and whats around me, instead of the blur. I can honestly say the Iron has rekindled my passion for riding. Big Hug's for all HOG loversBig smileBig smileBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You just cannot beat that sound!  As I have posted before, have thought about selling mine but then I start it up, and just can't go through with it.  Maybe just get a different one lol                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

I agree with most, that most people who hate them have proberly never even ridden a Harley. I've been lucky that in the past I've had the chance to sample a few, (don't ask me the model's cus I've no clue). i've always said though that if I was to buy a Harley it'd be the street rod/v rod variety. Such power from that big water cooled v twin.

Those big air cooled v twins might be a little on the crude side, but god what fun though.

ooh and I did own a Buell XB for a few years and that was real fun aswell Big smile

shaggy101's Profile
shaggy101

In: southampton

i have owned Yams, suzis, kwaks and all other manner of bikes in my time, but have always loved my Harley   wont part with it, its part of my being!!   and it annoys the hell out of the neighbours as well!!loud n proud on me harley!!   Shaggy                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Pig Iron or plastic pocket rocket is all good ! id be happy with either                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

there just a bike, nothing special                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

Having ridden a friends Electra Glide I can say it looked lovely and rode dreadfully! Not for me thanks..... If we all liked the same bikes the world would be a boring place!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

*rubs hands*

Harleys ..... where's greasy Tony? LOL

Ridden a couple, brakes are wooden, no ground clearance, no performance, uncomfortable and they vibrated like hell!!

I was going to give them an open mind, but all they did was confirm everything I'd heard about them.

And most of the pillions I spoken to hated them until the seat was changed.

I was also told that I probably needed to change the bars to get me comfortable .... errr why??? I expect with the price they are, to be able to adjust the standard bars to suit.

Take the amazing HOG lot, people with attitude, as in up your arse attitude ride them ...... road captains LOLLOL

Oh and how come with those loud pipes no one seems to complain, they are louder than sports bikes cans. That's just not fair !! Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

lol @ SF!!

Harleys ... I've absolutely nothing against those who want to ride them and if they enjoy it, cool.

But for me, I prefer something that accelerates, stops, goes around corners and is comfortable lol!!

Sorry .... couldn't resist.  As SF says, where's GT lol?

(Although I think I know what he'll say ... something along the lines of Harleys are rubbish, modded Harleys are ace.  Let's see if I'm right!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I was told the only thing fast forward on a Harley was on the cassette player?       (applies to Goldwings too)                                                                                                                                                                             
Weirdoraptor's Profile
Weirdoraptor

In: Brough, E. Yorks

Some of the Harleys you see are absolute works of art and brilliant to look at ....but to me, that's about it.  And to get there takes massive amounts of time and money. From what i can see, since the japs started building cruisers, the poor quality and overpricing of standard Harleys just got highlighted, the company had to sort themselves out big style, but they have a massive fan base of die hard owners and people who grow up wanting a Harley ('cos it's a Harley) to keep them going.   It would be nice to know how many people have made the switch from Harley to Jap cruiser, or the other way round, and if they've actually gone back again...and why.   For me, i would echo Wheelbarrow,  i bet they're great fun in the states,  (but so would a goldwing).  HD-- Nice place to visit, but i wouldn't want to live there  Lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
picko's Profile
picko

In: wirral

streetfighters or hayabusas all day long for me                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9688 seconds. There are 542 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption