Is the bike rally dead?

96 Posts | Latest reply on 26/06/2011 00:49:48 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

At the last small rally I went to couple of weeks ago the £15 they charged for cars coming onsite all went to the local hospice   I started doing rallies with my ex in the early 70s. Then in the 90s I hold my hands up here and admit it, yes I started going to rallies in a car...and further hang my head in shame....with kids Shocked   By the turn of the century the regular ride had disappeared into the sunset, so what's a girl to do...just not go? Stay at home? (sucks in air between clenched teeth) Well clearly some of you think so, but I don't   Now, at last I can get there on my own two wheels but it's been a damn long and hard slog getting to that point....ahhhhh, the circle of female biker life (melody playing at the back of my head here LOL)   People turn up in cars for all sorts of reasons, many would prefer that it wasn't that way...for god's sake have a bit of bloody tolerance and be thankful if you are in the position where it's just you, your bike and your tent                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Well said that woman you have every right to go to rallys etc if a few don't like it that's there problem and when the likes of the FY and ITTV don't make enough cash thay WILL follow and open up to all                                                                                                                                                                              
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'll second that jp Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Devil's Advocate question...   If everybody, whether bikers or non-bikers, turned up in cars - would it still be a bike rally?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

bike rallys are just about dead there are a few left but the money factor has just about finished them off, most are just rallys now                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Minnie if you read the whole thread just about everyone has said if you are were a biker/ long term pillion and due to circumstances haven't got a ride then turn up by all means......but as we have pointed out and you are an example ...you took a while but you got your bike because it was always gonna be eventually....

Its the non biker fraternaty that boils our pissCensored....turning up just for a piss up.......they are not bikers and don't have the same mind set...and really couldn't give a toss about us......if I wanted to mix with them I would go to T in the Park or Glastonbury....but NO I want to spend my time with other bikers in my precious off time between long stints working abroad.....

.......... but thats just me I guess                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Well blummin said Mr. Johnnytb Think that sums it up perfectly                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

Its the non biker fraternaty that boils our pissCensored....turning up just for a piss up.......they are not bikers and don't have the same mind set...and really couldn't give a toss about us......if I wanted to mix with them I would go to T in the Park or Glastonbury

Jus hit the nail on the head mate Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Which is why the 'no cars' rule came into being.   IMO - cars should only be allowed in exceptional circumstances - ie where the driver can show good cause as to why he cannot attend on a bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

As in  3 years ago got a puncture before i left town  on the way to stormin  so jumped in car to go, nowt wrong with that in my eyes ,
but i have gotta agree  that too many non bikers are attending big rallies,

cruiser mic's Profile
cruiser mic

In: bedfordshire

the type of biker rallies you say don't exist, do, but they are invitation only*, either you prospect for a club, or you make what the organisers consider a contribution to biking. That would be building a bike, instead of buying one, with fabricated parts, not from the shelf.
    * they are kept invitation only, for the very reasons you suggest.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ok I'm building and went to the bike shop in dundee and was told crack on on your own, we won't work on that bike......its not standard etc etc....no its a custom..(heinz actually)...but its fecking mine and I just wanted a well knowledged bike mechanic to do a bit of tweeking.....but no.....aw well I'll fecking well do it myself........now wheres me Haynes lol???????????????

So wheres my invite lolBeer                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

I'm building one with a new frame from Harris and fabricating or modifying the rest to fit.

so where's my invite lol Beer

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I built my bike.  The ones from Honda don't come with heated grips, topbox, Autocom ......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not quite what we meant Geoff optional extras don't count lol.. But are a lot less hassle. Trying to get original parts and info on a Heinz bike is a nightmare..... I am after some 38 mm foes with twin disc brake mounts old virago or such like but the only one I have seen was pitted to bits and the guy trying to charge a fortune... Said the travel area is clean..... Idioto what happens when you put new seals on.... Trashed straight away .... Some people always try to rip you off
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

sent  a set of Ohlin forks to be rebuilt quoted 2weeks, 2months later i'm still waiting for them, give them another stanchion today so hopefully will get them back next week                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 1055 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption