2 interesting and difficult questions

27 Posts | Latest reply on 18/06/2011 20:59:46 by Say_Ten | Go to original / last post
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion? Read the next question before looking at the response for this one. Question 2: It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three candidates. Candidate A: Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day. Candidate B: He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening. Candidate C: He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never committed adultery. Which of these candidates would be our choice? Decide first... No peeking, and then scroll down for the response.                         Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt. Candidate B is Winston Churchill. Candidate C is Adolf Hitler. And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question: If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven. Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hey BL that's very deep but true, we often judge people too quickly and often that's purely on appearances.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I got Winnie and I don't like classical music, So I got it right. So what do I win?                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Thanks BL...its so easy to judge others .  Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
loving it's Profile
loving it

In: Bradford

Food for thought Alice....any more?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hmmmmmmm says a lot about me that I clocked hitler straight off... even though he wasn't a decorated war hero. Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wow that’s amazing.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Hey Trish nice one and all too true at times, rem folks always give somebody a chance to show you whether they are good bad or indifferent and in Trish's case just luverley lol xxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

a good post bandit,, it echoes what ive been saying on here for the last few years,, sadly there are people who are so shallow that if you dont have the looks slam the door in your face before youve said hello,,!!

peace n love xx boodyYing Yang                                                                                                                                                                             
shorty1961's Profile
shorty1961

In: kings lynn

That is so true Boody, looks are'nt everything, learnt that lesson in my early twenties, gorgeous looking guy with the personality of a slug and an ego bigger than everest lol! For me it's the personality that matters be it in a partner or a friend.   AnneSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
46kittykatt46's Profile
46kittykatt46

wow thats was really surprising!!   i think having a good personality is very important too!                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

THE MESSAGE IS ABOUT MAKING ASSUMPTIONS                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

yep ! as in "dont"                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Big smile yep boody. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

seems most including myself thought it was about judging people, Confused

having studied history tho, I find Its strange how attitudes towards things change as time goes by, Churchills raciest comments of Natives not being fit to lead, would not be tolerated nowadays, neither would FDR's sanctions relating to those of Japanese decent. and whilst Hitler was undoubtedly one of the worst human beings in history, he did a lot of good for Germany, as can be found in history books, and as many Germans, including my step sisters, will agree, at the time he was backed by an awful lot of the country.  

so good people doing bad things ... or bad people doing good things ?

Yes very difficult question to answer BL Clap                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

It is about making assumptions and being far to quick to make judgements.   I inlude in some of my training sessions and it really does make people stop and think, which is what it is supposed to do I guess.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

But the fact is, its human nature, everyone does it at some point or another, and by making assumptions we learn about life Thumbs Up not all assumptions are bad ones                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In my profession and with my qualified training, I have been taught that assumptions should never be made without exhausting the possibilties of evidence. At times it is difficult, but to assume makes an 'Ass' out of 'U' and 'Me'.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I have been taught that assumptions should never be made without exhausting the possibilties of evidence

As someone qualified in counselling and trained in sociology & psychology, training tells you certain assumptions have to be made, you have to assume that someone is at a session cos they want help, as a pet owner I have to assume my vet knows what he is on about when he starts talking about my cats illness, when I had surgery I assumed my Dr was correct in his diagnosis and knew the best outcomes ... 

When looking in the dictionary the words Assume & Trust both have the same words associated with them,  rely, take for granted, unquestioning, 

As I said, not all assumptions are bad                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

now now ladies  look at me , ................ and tell me im not mad                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8477 seconds. There are 1039 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption