What the mods really do

48 Posts | Latest reply on 27/08/2011 08:12:52 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

( all from me , requestin that you share that mintie chocy chip stuff  )                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

yes mic and i dont know how many times i have to tell you .... maybe !!                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt said.....   But beware of hugging people, because another accusation in the PM i received this morning was that "if your friends with a moderator you can get away with anything you want on BM"!!!!   Errr...not true.. you try getting the choc chip off Brummie Jackie! LOL   And I hug everyone, whether they want to be my friend or not.... (but that's only when they take the jacket with the 'give yourself a hug sleeves', off) Wacko                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

to true Kaz lol llife of limb it is ...............

i'm like Kaz i hug and kiss (on the cheek i may add) everyone i meet whether its first time or not, and just to pre warn any folk who havent figured it out yet, i am terrible with names so if your lucky you get called either Lady or Trouble, if your unlucky you end up with a BJ nickname, just ask Vladimir aka Harry Honda or Old Un aka jpharley or Squashy aka Bluesbiker .............. the list goes on and on and on ...........
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

(If you hug a mod you can get away with anythink) trust me you dont I have the bruises to prove this and my profile is regularly inspected for any irregularities                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

i hug and kiss on the cheek   So that's why they call you 'Bummie Jackie'Evil Smile   And I thought it was 'cos u got a big bum - silly meConfused                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

XK remind you to kiss you harder next time i see you lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"If you believe the mods don't do owt, then you're wrong."

"Was it just you then?"

Nothing like a good bit of banter lol

cruiser mic's Profile
cruiser mic

In: bedfordshire

a person who wants to be a mod, most likely is the wrong person to be one, good mod material is some one who is already doing much of the job, as their limited membership allows, doing it for the sake of it needs to be done.
site owners and admin rarely choose people who think differently than them, yet they will deny this ................................ but when have you ever seen some one who isn't a yes person promoted into power, because I haven't.                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

OMG  you could not be more wrong there Guns  Stern Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've seen Sandi and Matt go at it hammer and tongsOuch                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

your wrong there Guns, the staff on here work hard and do a good job                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Guys, Girls, I think you all do a great job with the site, most people on here are on here to enjoy what the site has to offer and muck in with everyone as and where they can.
Being a moderator is not for everyone, many will avoid it in the knowledge of how much work goes into it, others have no idea about how much time it takes out of your personal life, having held a number of positions in  a Scuba diving club I feel qualified to comment on this thread.

So to the moderator team, thanks for all your hard work, keep up the great standard of this site,
To those who feel they have a gripe, take it up with the moderators, that's also a part of what they are there for, sniping unpleasant remarks in PM'S is NOT the way to address your issues and at worst can cause unwelcome and widespread bad feeling across the site, not something I and I'm sure the vast majority of other members want to see.
Right I think I'm about done for now.

Regards
              Graham                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Well said GrahamThumbs Up   We do try our best to keep this a friendly and enjoyable site and judging by the amount of members we have and the feedback from all the events/ride outs etc I think we can safely say we do a pretty good job.   We know we aren't going to please everyone, if we did we would be miracle workers.. but like it's been said before, if anyone has any concerns, please contact the moderator team and we will do our best to resolve any issues that may arise.   Have a great weekend everyone!!Hug                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

IMO, Mods have no need to justify their role on the site, but I will add my 2p worth.   Mods for BM are chosen not because they agree with the site owner and not because they may be the most popular girl or guy. They are in the main most certainly not 'Yes' people. They are chosen very carefully by the site owner because; they have portrayed a 'virtual' personality that has been considered to be unbiased, tactfull, diplomatic and none judgemental as well as being someone that makes a huge contribution to the site either by organising or attending as many events as they are able to.   And relax.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

I'm gonna give you a kiss and a hug tomorrow for that post Trish Hug.  You too HH but I don't think you'll be there  Unhappy

I know I along with the other mods are most certainly not 'yes' people.  As has been said we are here for the good of what already is a great site Thumbs Up.

I think it has to be said though that anyone in business or in their personal life are hardly unlikely to engage with others that continually disagree with them, holding the same values is a must but does not necessarily mean that they have to agree.

Me a yes person................??? errrmmmm nope!

Karey's Profile
Karey

Trish...HugThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Blackberry, not this weekend, have to try and collect at the K.I.S.S. Hug back at ya

Graham                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Thank you B and Kaz.   Thing is, it really gets my goat when people post a post that is obviously posted with the intent of 'stiring' up the dust or is a poor attempt to have a snipe at people.   I have been asked ebev told by members that all staff members have the same privledges. No they do not. I would like to take this opportunity to say, members of the events teams, Do Not have the same admin privlidges as modoraters irrespective of what you may think or have been told. The roles are entirely different and require very different people and communication skills.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Pretty sure Matt would def say i am not a YES person the total opposite in fact.

As for power those that seek it should never have it IMO :)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 707 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption