Drag racing

15 Posts | Latest reply on 10/06/2011 19:46:27 by harry worth | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

An bikers into watching drag racing at Santa Pod.....Went to one event approx 3 years ago....European Finals.......bikes and cars competing.....had a great day out. Wouldnt mind going again sometime.                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

It's been years since I have been to the 'pod'.   Used to go every year in my youth and went with the car club I was in for a few years.   That was back int he day when a customized car meant hand painted art work, sculptered body work and cleaming chrome V8's every where!  A custyom car now seems to be one with a big stereo system in it!!  lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

i havent been there for ages wow i forgot about  it lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

you can't beat a good run what ya brung at the pod :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

i used to go to the drag racing at elvington its just a few miles from me. now famous for,, the hampsters crash site!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I went to Elvington for an auto66 club meet a couple of years ago...didnt like it at all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not been to Elvington for ages, is it still going???

Last time I went drag racing I tripped over my heels!! Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

not sure bbz,, i dont have a bike so i dont get about much unless im asked,,,, which is usaully never.                                                                                                                                                                             
mizzi's Profile
mizzi

In: Colne

Hmmmmmmm dribbling again lol! Top fuels at Santa pod is awesome! Not been for 2 years tho but love it...I must hav a noise fetish coz it's the vrooooom whoosh I love lol! god I need to organise my holidays better next year!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes Elvington is still going...AUTO66 hold some of their race meets their together with olivers mount, cadwell and middlesbrough aerodrome not forgetting Croft.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers for the Info.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No problem                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Straightliners run at Elvington, East Kirby, the pod & a few other places too ... Ians brother Mike used to race his bike with them, as did Janet his sister & her husband still does Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

This almost sounds like an idea to arrange a BM gathering at one of the POD events!
Weekend camping, lots of powerful big engines and a laugh or two on the way!!                                                                                                                                                                               
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Not been to the Pod since about 77, used to make bits out of high spec metals for some of the bike racers, ran the start up rollers early in the morning when nobody else wanted to get up. Distant memories.                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 868 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption