History of the ace cafe in coventry museum

11 Posts | Latest reply on 05/06/2011 22:43:00 by bic chick | Go to original / last post
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know that some of us have made a visit to the coventry motor museum but though this might be worth a visit

Coming Of Age At The Ace Cafe3 June 2011 to 2 October 2011 This Summer, the Rockers return as Coventry Transport Museum and Ace Cafe London present a new exhibition telling the story of how a London transport cafe became an international icon, and how the cafe's customers redefined what it meant to be a teenager in the 1950s and 60s. 

Planned as a transport cafe for lorry drivers during the 1930s, the Ace Cafe on London's North Circular Road quickly became a place where motorbike riders gathered.  In the 1950s the Ace became the destination for a new breed of motorcycle riders; teenagers who met there to listen to rock 'n' roll, and to burn up the road doing The Ton - the magic speed.

For Coming Of Age At The Ace Cafe, the cafe itself is lovingly recreated inside the Museum, filled with bikes, clothes and stories from the 1950's and 60's - it's going to be a long hot summer of motorbikes, speed and rock 'n' roll! You can also win a full size Pinball Machine by entering our competition which is running concurrently with the Ace Cafe gallery. Simply answer the question...the answer is inside the gallery and then hand your entry into the Reception desk. The winner will be drawn and notified after the closing date of the Ace Cafe gallery on Sunday 2nd October. 

TICKET PRICES

Adults      £5 on the day, £4.40 when booking online in advance
Concessions (Under 16, Over 60, Student, Disabled)      £2.50 on the day, £2.20 when booking online in advance
Under 5s      Free
Family Ticket (up to 5 people, no more than 2 adults)     £12.50 on the day, £11 when booking online in advance

To see full details on this use this link
http://www.transport-museum.com/modules/events/event.as...aspx?id=55

jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

I might try and go to this ... have a friend who used to go there back in the day with his mates ... might even drag him along see if its like it was then or if they have pics see if he is them lol

Nice one Trace Thumbs Up

drobess's Profile
drobess

Jay you can thank me daughter she seen it and told me about it                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Which one lol say thank you for me or i will next time i am up                                                                                                                                                                               
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

In: Rugby

Thanks, I'been waiting to see this. Bit steep £5. Thought it would've been free                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Cheers drobess might well stop off at that.Thumbs Up

drobess's Profile
drobess

The rest of the museum is free to get into big Al, if anyone does go give me a shout it would be great to meet up with you                                                                                                                                                                             
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

In: Tamworth

bic chick's Profile
bic chick

stupid me pressed wrong thing
anyway i thought might be an idea to do as a group maybe?

GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE
Tickets for groups of 10 or more are just £4 per person (saving 20% on the 'on the day' price).  These can be booked by telephoning 024 7623 4270 (Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm only).  No group booking discount is available on concession priced tickets.

ps can some sort my feux paus please Cry

drobess's Profile
drobess

a group would be ideal, also, lastime we went I sorted the parking and all the bikes were allowed to park in the museums locked carpark                                                                                                                                                                             
bic chick's Profile
bic chick

i would be up for this Drobess please                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 818 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption