Leading Insurance says 'No Pillions'

43 Posts | Latest reply on 31/07/2011 10:04:05 by Greg62 | Go to original / last post
Simon66's Profile
Simon66

In: Peterborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've had a couple of years away from bikes until earlier this year and in the past have never been asked if I will carry a pillion. This time around, when completing an on-line quote this question came up. Generally I do not carry anyone on the back but so as not to restrict myself I answered yes and received my quote. I then went through the process again without the pillion cover and the quote was the same. Better still, there was a voluntary excess included of 250.00 which I then took out and the quote was still the same. End result, no voluntary excess and pillion cover at no additional cost.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Think its a big con you have insurance to cover 3rd party losses is a pillion not a 3rd party ?

Greg62's Profile
Greg62

In: Chesterfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There's a conflict between your legal rights and and what some businesses will allow, and certain businesses think that they have won. Take your business elsewhere!

Eek - I've just done a quick calculation on how much I have spent on motor insurance over the last thirty years, and I could have bought my first house for less ...

@Simon66, I've done the same check as you - get the quote on the website, which expects you to accept a three-figure excess, then change it to zero. I too get the same price!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1719 seconds. There are 796 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption