Cleaning your helmet - how do you do yours?

40 Posts | Latest reply on 01/06/2011 03:02:24 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

In: Rugby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I wash mine in johnson baby shampoo - yes - the inner of the helmet in removeable. The outside i like to keep nice and shiny, polish it occassionally with a vigorous rubbing action ;0                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

LOL I guess someone had to say it and yep, it was you my newly acquainted friend
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Always wear a balaclava inside my helmet which is easy to wash once in a while.  Keeps helmet totally clean inside.                                                                                                                                                                             
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

I agree - I wear a skull cap and no it's not made of latex                                                                                                                                                                              
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

Bandit Lover - whatever do you mean ???                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

I have no idea, but I like this thread 169B9ADF431545348BC25ECF85B6101B
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

It looked very shiny when we met after that it was ...[the starting of the end of a mills and boon novel]. Cotswold's flies or wasps hold no prisoners                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

Thing is, out of habit I put my gloves and neck tube in my helmet but it's not very hygenic is it Dead                                                                                                                                                                                 
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

I think we all do that... maybe we're all the same really - bikers...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Don't know how to, my batman does mine.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I had a purple Arai some years ago and each day at work I used to give my visor a quick clean.

My favourite shock tactic with new staff was telling them I was heading to the toilets to polish my purple helmet. Mouth agape every time!                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

the outside i use a very soft cloth with plain warm water, and buff it up,, the inside is ok because i wear a stretchy hat because of my mad hair, sometimes i put it outside visor open to get some fresh air,,Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Surely it's best practice to wipe your helamet after every ride?. Particularly, if it has been a long wet one !                                                                                                                                                                              
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

oops helmet not helamet                                                                                                                                                                              
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

Jeez, what kind of people work in shops now? After reading these posts, decided to get some baby shampoo.

In the local chemist:
Me,  could I have some baby shampoo please ?

Assistant,  Ahhh, how old is your little one ?.

Me, Oh no, its to clean my helmet....

Assistant, (looking puzzled),  Do you want shampoo or Oil then?
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

Me, Oh no, its to clean my helmet....

lmso on the ground in stitches here lol lol lol
classik clarkeeLOL

Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

They say 'horses sweat, men perspire and women glow'. Well, I perspire like a horse, especially from my forehead (but my feet don't sweat at all, must be made upside down) so my helmet gets somewhat wiffy.   A man can't go through life with a wiffy helmet so I use muc off helmet foam sanitiser every otherday and take the lining out and wash it in soapy water using Wright's coal tar soap. It's then rinsed with the power shower and comes up smelling slightly clinical but very clean.   The outside I use hot water and couch roll.   Can't resist, nobody here cleans the inside of their helmet with an umbrella do they?                                                                                                                                                                                 
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

only ever clean the visor   well got to live up to the rep 'dirty smelly bikers' LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
pinkstorm's Profile
pinkstorm

In: Chester

I dont!! - My fella does it for me Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I clean mine with baby wipes then dry with tissues.. 
Comes up a treat Smile.. 
AND I AM TALKING ABOUT MY VISOR LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1250 seconds. There are 968 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption