need help to fix my baby......please

17 Posts | Latest reply on 21/06/2011 22:35:39 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
pinkbutterfly's Profile
pinkbutterfly

In: Newbury
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all, I could really use some help!  My bike has a sticky throttle cable and a leaky brake fluid res (little black box on handle bars?) have the res taped up at mo, but bike needs mot and i know it wont pass in present condition! I have a throttle cable but need new res, can anybody help me get one and know how to fit it and cable?...... can't afford shop labor rates but happy to pay somebody...... can anyone help? live in Newbury.... Thanks xx
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Don't panic Pink.

What bike is it ?

Where is the leak coming from on the res, is it from around the lid/top or from the bottom where the fluid exits?                                                                                                                                                                              
pinkbutterfly's Profile
pinkbutterfly

sorry its a ridgeback superbyke, regal raptor pic on my profile
the little window is broken, drips fluid
Thanks

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well as far as the brake res goes I would get a second hand one of ebay second hand ,go for the complete unit including handle bar mountings and lever, it will probably be alot cheaper and easier ,even better quality than replacing it with a genuine part,if not ebay try ringing around local breakers they are usually knowledgeable and helpful, may even put you in touch with someone to fit it cheaply to .

Heres a web site with a list of breakers inc phone numbers.

http://www.all4bikers.com/breakers/

I'm a bit too far away to be of any physical assistance sorry.

Good luck

Mark

PS In case you are not aware do not let brake fluid come in contact with your paintwork it will take paint off just like paint stripper!

pinkbutterfly's Profile
pinkbutterfly

thanks Mark, your a star xx                                                                                                                                                                             
bkr's Profile
bkr

In: North West lancs

HI Pinkbutterfly,As regards to sticky throttle cable,the best thing is Silicone spray the one with the thin tube applicator,sprayed onto inner cable at handlebar end open/close throttle few times to work down cable repeat  until feels smooth plz dont use oil on cables it gums up the works makes them worse. ps use spray on throttle linkage as well it's brill for that..
harry worth's Profile
harry worth

In: west London

Only just seen your thread, been at a loose end most of the day. Is window actually broke or leaking around edges? how soon to mot, I'm on holiday till 11/12 June. If you had parts I could sort it on an evening when I get back. Any help?                                                                                                                                                                               
Harleyphernalia's Profile
Harleyphernalia

In: Llanfairpwll..

Right Ive never seen one of these before or worked on one, BUT am aware that most of the manufacturers use  the same part on multiple bikes. here are some i found on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Master-Cylinder-Superbyke-R...19c28e76d4 and http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Super...231116b611 also http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Brake-Master-Cylinder-Super...2a10efd19d after some digging i think the partcode is KS125-23 Brake Master Cylinder (Front) 30016*1066*RBP125   and these are available from:http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/search.php?type=30016&manufacturer=Superbyke&st=a&model=RBP125#results    hope this helps                                                                                                                                                                               
Harleyphernalia's Profile
Harleyphernalia

In: Llanfairpwll..

Update:  Avon is now the name of the importer  their no is 01179728769. your bike seemingly was sold under three different names and makes, really common amongst chinese stuff. apparently theyre not made anymore ( the bike) and they dont hold spares for this type ( he wouldnt give me a part no as he says they just dont have one). but as i thought, he also states that alot of these bikes were mass manufactured , . NOw he reckons thay could have used up to 3 different master cylinders on one one model in the same year and these differered by batch. BUT they should all fit, as all of them no matter what the thing looks like, (so he says) all have the same banjo bolt brake line fitting thread. so you could use the ones staed above. so there you have it.                                                                                                                                                                               
pinkbutterfly's Profile
pinkbutterfly

Thanks Guys, you've all been a great help, I'll let you know how I get on. mwah xx                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

what bike is it                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

John if you read the third post pinkbutterfly answers your question there. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladejohn's Profile
firebladejohn

In: darwen

what colour is it............ha ha ha                                                                                                                                                                               
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Hello ppl, please help.... Got a vfr 750, 86 model, has a rattle, (not baby) been told its tappets but have valves and shimes and recently been told its not a tappety noise....I know its difficult without listening to it but....local bike garage wants £75 just to take a look, in other words im blonde and dumb and they want to charge me to tell me, or not, what my rattle is!!! Any ideas anyone???? Thanks alot                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

probably cam chain tension  very complexed engines tho Wenders best to get a profesinal  view is it the early custom version or fully faired sports tourer as custom version was a really weak design cam buckets and chains ,   sorry cant really help any more than that  good luck !                                                                                                                                                                             
wenders's Profile
wenders

In: Never Never Land

Cheers bud....its the fully faired sports tourer... Hey, thanks really, was a great help...i can tell the little rip off guy now a thing or 2 haha                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Didn`t know its that bad wendy bring it down mine and ill fix it for you mmmm a pint of my good stuff will do you know lol Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0156 seconds. There are 589 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption