Insurance

16 Posts | Latest reply on 10/06/2011 01:59:07 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I bought myself a bobber based on a 84 Virago 750 custom back end and paint with a few things done to it, anyone got any idea of a cheap insurance....

I have got another bike VFR 800 Vtec so maybe someone knows of an insurer who does a block policy?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

try MCE johnny, there really good !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers Ian, you would have thought there would be a few more people offering wisdom here?????????????                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i just know, when i phoned MCE to swap bikes last week theres a recorded ad whilst your on hold saying about multi bike policies, i am sire they wont be beaten,hope it helps                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Tried them before and they were £150 more than the best I had ....... like most insurance companies it seems that its luck as to who you get on the end of the phone at the time.

And you dont know how good an insurance company actually is until you claim.

Theres loads of companies do multi bike policies, having had up to 4 bikes all at the same time myself.

Ring round through the yellow pages
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

MCE have a really bad reputatation as some people have mentioned on BM before.   Search for the threads to confirm.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

MCE have a VERY VERY bad rep here, lots of BM members have been screwed over by them.   I gave MCE the chance to reply to our members' concerns but they didn't bother.   Therefore it's our recommendation that you don't touch MCE.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

nice one lads I will do the yellow pages me thinks unless someone out there has a suggestion for a company...come on someone must have some info on an actual insurance hawk who will play fair ( I won't hold my breath) lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

wow ....lamb to the slaughter, i was with carole nash for 8 years, then the renewal came through for the vz1600, it was 293.00 fully comp with breakdown and to ride any bike 3rd party, went on line for a quote and MCE quoted 113.00 for exactly the same !!! so sorry if some folk had bad experiences with them but the figures say it for them selves im my case, but like suggested phone round, or try bike insurer comparison site johnny thats where i got my quote from, and didnt need to speak to anyone !
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

John ...I seem to remember Drobess using ebike for her 2 ..... She has had an accident as you know and I dont think she has had any complaints on service.

Hope your well John Thumbs Up

RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Well I used Bennetts as my broker for the last two years and was insured by Equity Red Star.

When renewal came through this time for both bikes I almost fell over!!!

Called Swinton who have a multi-bike policy and got the same cover for over £200 less!!!!!

Ans guess what?  The underwriter is Equity Red Star!!!!  Go figure!

As has been said I would phone round and see what you can get because most of the time it's the deal the brokers do that saves the money!!                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

An example from a friend...   1 Ducati 10yrs old..... bikesure = £240.09   1 Ducati 10yrs old, 2 kawasaki zx10, 1 suzuki gsxf... footman james = £275.46   Try them all, pain in the rear, but worth shopping around!!                                                                                                                                                                                      
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Remember it's not just the price guys... read the small print, try contacting customer services, etc etc.   Carol Nash were always fantastic for me once I reached 21.  Before I was 21 they wouldn't even touch me                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Carol Nash !!!! .... spit spit spit spit... DeadDead  just IMHO                                                                                                                                                                                
Sprint900's Profile
Sprint900

In: leeds

I find being ancient and riding something oldish keeps my insurance fairly cheap,Footman James cheapish but don't answer phone after 5pm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hello Johnny, Have you tried confused.com? I’ve recently been ripped off by Adelaide Insurance who are affiliated with the IAM. Most would think in theory for advanced riders would gain cheaper insurance. This was not the case. It turns out Bennetts through confused.com were £67 cheaper!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 551 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption