Bmmcc

42 Posts | Latest reply on 27/05/2011 22:21:30 by marsey | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

An Idea for Matt ,Last time I took out insurance I was asked if I belonged to a club.If I did I would receive ish £20 discount. I asked did it have to be MAG ,BMF or similar , no she said as long as you have a membership number thats fine. So , we all have ID Numbers , how hard would it be for you to develop a  Headed page we could print out Headed BMMCC Member with our name an ID on it ..Would be a nice bonus for members and enticement for those looking to join ,gives an incentive to pay the £55 if you are going to be able to get around £20 back in insurance discounts.

Anyone want to add a vote towards or against this idea?

Mark                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

But don't you have to ask permission to form an mcc?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

sounds good to me                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

When I attend a rally, I always put 'Biker Match' as the club I belong to when I register Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later

me got > BM , SOC , BTW   >  and it does work                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Good idea however standard members are still members of BM, and still attend events, rides etc                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

i dont own a bike but i think thats a damn good idea mark !!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Merged the 2 topics.   Not sure what you'd need exactly or what requirements there would be for the site to be an official "club"?   Actual "clubs" are regulated, must have things like member cards, annual meetings where all members are allowed to attend, chairmen / directors etc etc.  We don't have this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

and we have in the past had topics & discussions on the logistical nightmare of having that happen with BM,                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh dear Disapprove think carefully folks !

If you dont understand what forming a club means & what the pitfalls are feel free to pm me & i'll try to put you straight !
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Got to admit, that is what I thought scooby.

A 'club' needs committee members, AGM's, etc!!

Been there and done that!  Can't see how it would work with this forum being so widespread!

Saying that I like the idea of the reduced insurance etc !!  :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

@ Nita nope but forming an mc can ruffle a few feathers ;)   As for turning BM into a club, well you seem to be split into regions so all you need is some fools, sorry volunteers from each area to run it and an AGM every year with an agenda sent to the members who can if they wish attend to vote on things like club chair, secretary etc.  or they can just proxy their votes to the regional rep for them to cast.   Not really my thing clubs as I'm probably one of the most disorganised people in the world.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i say...if it aint broke dont fix it ....simples !!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

As for turning BM into a club, well you seem to be split into regions so all you need is some fools, sorry volunteers from each area to run it and an AGM every year with an agenda sent to the members who can if they wish attend to vote on things like club chair, secretary etc.  or they can just proxy their votes to the regional rep for them to cast

As I said , its been discussed before & with 40,000+ members on BM (ok not all full members, but they are all members) this is a complete logistical nightmare, & dont forget its not just English members, Isle of Mann, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales also included, 

Its a nightmare to do ... I agree it aint broken so dont need no fixin Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Gloom's Profile
Gloom

In: Southport

Oh I wasn't suggesting you do it that's why I used the word fools for people that would volunteer. I was just pointing out that you  could do it.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

but... if there's another way I can help you get the discount then let me know and I will                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was't asking to form a Back pach club n start fighting for territory against the local angels. lol

Maybe I worded it wrong . was simply asking really for a Membership Number  As for my insurance . The world is a changing place and a club is a club to my mind online or not.

Speaking to the insurance agent when I asked about it  ie did it have to be MAG or BMF or similar , no she said just any Membership Number , All you need to do is get  a few mates together as long as you have a membership Number.Well to my mind this is a club of sorts all be it Online with people riding together at times (I'm sure that is all the insurance is looking for , people who are doing that kind of stuff ie semi sensible) I was'nt asking for the full on MCC thing , just the membership Number be it BM online Club so I could with clear conscience claim the discount . Just a simple addition of you are   sparks68uk you are Member Number ............                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Its not that easy tho Sparks, not when there are 40,000+ potential members, throughout the UK , there are all sorts of rules that have to be adhered to, it would be different if it was half a dozen people that know eachother                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

On the other hand, and I don't know the legalities etc, if the paid up members each had a unique membership number, just for the records as it were, would this not suffice for the reason given??

As I say I am not sure about all the legalities and rules but if Matt could create a member number for paid members it might work!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i will be 007 lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 758 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption