Ride to the wall - 01 October

77 Posts | Latest reply on 03/10/2011 11:52:40 by honda baby | Go to original / last post
Big Al..'s Profile
Big Al..

In: Rugby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is there anyone from the Rugby / Coventry area who would like to meet up to do this ride?   I've ridden to the Memorial myself to pay my respects to former colleagues but never on this ride. PM me or show your interest in the thread.   Cheers Alan                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

brill rideout this, I have ridden it as pilly once and attended last year on crutches, one year I will ride it in my own right                                                                                                                                                                             
Pilly tart's Profile
Pilly tart

In: wolverhampton

Yeah, i would be up to doing this, count me in Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm doing this one this year hopefully, already booked childcare!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My first time for this last year,,,i camped the 2 days at draton manor where they put on entertainment and food stall,,,,it was my best weekend ever , although an emotional day,, will be camping again this year,,,think registrations will be starting late june/early july ??? plus different starting points this year,,,all on the RTTW web site !! A great day for a great cause !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

I'm childcare lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I missed it last year but def doing it this it's just up the road from me.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

may well be up for this one too                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Tis true that they have changed the schedule for this year, only a limited number of bikes will be leaving from Drayton Manor, folk camping overnight are some of the chosen few :)                                                                                                                                                                              
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Sounds good to me!  Will just need to remind myself nearer to the time!!  :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just looked through the message I received from RTTW ages ago (oops) and I'm not sure now whether I will be doing this one because the start points are not great for me: M1 (Northbound) - Leicester Forest East Services M1 (Southbound) Woodall Services M1 (Northbound) Northampton Services M6 (Southbound) Sandbach Services M5 (Northbound) Strensham Services M40 (Northbound) Cherwell Valley Services Drayton Manor Park, Staffs The only way you can leave from Drayton Manor is if you camp and you are one of the first 850 to ask for a ticket.                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Close your eyes and pick one at random lol                                                                                                                                                                              
RobL's Profile
RobL

I noticed that on the web site Boss Mom.   can we not jsut do a BM get together and then tag along behind one of them?  Or is that not allowed?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Rob a BM meet and ride is a great idea :)                                                                                                                                                                              
mechy66's Profile
mechy66

In: Redcar

did the last one and it was a great day, didnt camp, just left bloody early. Will defo be doing this one this year, tho still confuzaled at the start points lol

as an ex service member myself, its an emotional day for sure. reminds me... must dig out me beret                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll try getting in touch with them and see what their thoughts are on a group of us joining the ride en route.  Watch this space                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

Go go Boss Mom!!  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Dont you just love it when shes womanly lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Right, this is the reply I got from the man:   "you can still ride from Drayton Manor, its just that you need to pre book as there is a limited number of spaces (850 bikes). When the booking page opens on the website, not too long now i hope, you will be asked to nominate the route you will be using, the DM option will be there untill the cut off point is reached and then you will need to choose another.If you decide to join in along one of the routes could i ask you to book for the route you will be joining so that we can get an idea of the volume of bikes we will be dealing with for our overall planing.Many thanks, look forward to seeing you on the day"   I still intend to ride from Drayton Manor on that basis.  As soon as I see the registration opened on the website I will post on here and it will be up to folk to get in asap.  I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to block book and as there is a fee payable it would be a bit of a nightmare anyone paying me up front just in case we didn't then get the places.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Maybe somebody could block book 6 spaces and then let folk on here know first come first served lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 678 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption