Too short!

18 Posts | Latest reply on 07/05/2011 18:21:20 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Gnet4440's Profile
Gnet4440

In: Radcliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was wondering if anyone could help me out please.

I'm wanting to take my test this summer, but can't find a short enough bike to fit on. My cbr125 was too big for me. I had to have the seat cut out and even now I'm on tip-toes!

So far, I like the look of the er6n and the Street triple. I know you can get lowering kits too, but I don't know which are easiest to lower etc. Also I need something that's fairly light.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Does it have to be a sports bike? If not a cruiser would be better. I ride a Suzuki Marauder GZ125 it's low and very light to move about                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Hey Gnet   Hopefully the link will work and will give you more info Thumbs Up   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=7196                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I am the owner of exceedingly short leggies and find my suzuki vl 125 intruder perfect (I'm 5 foot & shrinking). But fantacising about the next bike...I tried loads for size at the edinburgh bike show and can confirm that it simply has to be a Harley 883 sportster....oops nearly forgot to buy me lottery ticket
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

Street Triple - good choice (then I would say that). However, the Ducati Monster 696 is 6kg lighter, has a 770mm seat height and looks jolly fetching in lilac.                                                                                                                                                                             
suzyamki's Profile
suzyamki

In: Wakefield

I first rode a Suzuki Marauder 125 for my test. I'm a bit short too. Was brilliant to learn on. Parted with it reluctantly after I passed my test for the fantastic mpg! A full tank took me miles and miles!  Now ride a Yamaha Virago 535 - another one great to get my feet down. Depends what you want really but I love Cruisers, weight low down so easy to ride Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Gnet4440's Profile
Gnet4440

Thanks for replying. I'm also 5ft Minnie! I really want a sports bike Big smile

The link is really helpful Blackberry. Thanks.

I'll take a look at the Ducati monster. Someone's mentioned that to me before. The street triple is beautiful though!

ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

As an ex Triumph tester I'm going on the side of the tripleWink Any bike can be lowered these days without detriment to handling etc, forks can be lowered, rear dog bones can be altered (these set the standard ride hight) and seats can be sculpted and bars moved.   Failing that I can break your legs and stretch them.   Nearly all the sporty Ducati's are tiny compared to Japanese stuff, Try an older 750ss for size.                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

hi there mrs mad is only 4 ft 11 .5 inch`s and i just brought her a kymco cruiser 125cc and its a perfect match.....lol.   ( i also just got a intruder 125cc in case she breaks the first one )LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Dunno bout you Gnet but as well as short leggies I've got short arms and (ahem ahem) carry a lot of weight at the front...it kinda gets in the way and I can't reach across the tank of many bikes even if my feet could touch the floor lol Have you considered a monkey bike?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hi 
i have the same problem only short legs lol i ride 400 i have a zxr400 and a cb400 big pro they are both imports but very low to the ground so both feet on the ground take a look at my profile they are both on there the cb 400 is the main photo on my profile  
the zxr is very fast for a 400 and keeps up with the bigger bikes but heavy on fuel the cb 400 is more of a plodder but still hits top speeds of 110 mph and runs very well two up i ve just done wales two up covering 1200 mile
and had lots of fun 

paul                                                                                                                                                                                 
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Blimey Zorb' 1200 miles from Stockport to Wales!Shocked

What way did you go?Wink

Gnet4440's Profile
Gnet4440

Again, thanks for your replies!

I went to the Triumph dealer at the weekend and it very much looks like the Street Triple is out of the questions. It's far far too big.

Minnie, I definitely have the same problem! Smile

I'm not considering the Ninja 250. Don't know much about them though except that they wouldn't take that much lowering.

Ghosthunter, thanks for the lovely offer, but I think I'll keep my legs as they are! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Adele's Profile
Adele

In: Bicester

Hiya. I know this tale only too well...
I have a cbr600f which has been lowered, seat shaved and I wear Daytona Ladystars...with all this I can touch the ground but not enough to paddle the bike around....so I get off & push!
I have also just bought an er6f for touring cos the cbr is killing my shoulders on longer trips. The one I have bought isn't lowered but I can touch the ground, just. Lowering kits are easy to find for it & kwaka do a lower seat too....doddle.
Remember with the seat, it isn't all about height, it's the width too.
Good luck!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hey gnet .. kazninja has a ninja 250 so you can probs get some info about it from her Wink ... i sat on it tother day and coudlnt reach floor but i do have smurfs legs hence my harley sportster Heart   i had a cbr 400 which i could just about reach floor ok and a bandit 400 which i could reach floor and when had lowerd was easy on floor... prefer me harley all round but just saying the 400's might be an option too ... good luck with your search and i hope you find soemthign you love                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The only probs with lowering your bike is grinding the pegs when doing tight corners.   Maybe cutting the seat is better..   good luck                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

hmmm and i know all bout grinding pegs and rippin jubilee clip off me exhaust too as my harleyyy dont take sharp corners at all well!!! gettin used to it slowly ...... yus very slowly on corners at mo!!! but luvin her still Big smile and will get used to it with more miles......my bandit ws still ok on corners...                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Suzi hey i got competition getting my knee down thenLOL   Id love to see your sparks fly then on your bike lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 856 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption