solar trickle chargers

6 Posts | Latest reply on 16/05/2011 20:00:27 by fxral | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just thought i'd let peeps know that until 17th may maplins are selling 12 volt solar trickle chargers for £10 which is half price. I got one for the car yesterday and now i've tried it will be getting one to put on top of the garage to charge the bike batteries as well
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Thanks for that HJ will take a look myself

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

by the way the kit has a cigarette lighter attachment or crocodile clips. i've got mine in the cigarette lighter bit in the car. no getting my hands dirty.lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

In most cars the cigarette lighter is disconnected when the ignition is off. I would also advise NEVER start the car or bike with a solar panel connected.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In my Audi A6 when i attached the charger to the car and plugged it into the cigarette lighter with the ignition off i checked across the battery and it showed it was charging. But as i said before the kit has crocodile clips to attach to the battery if you find that the cigarette lighter does not charge when the ignition is off.
fxral's Profile
fxral

In: Derby

Have been usin` one o` these for almost a year now - they do the trick and can recommend `em. Love a bargain, me! AL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 591 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption