nsr 125

5 Posts | Latest reply on 26/05/2011 10:56:07 by marsey | Go to original / last post
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

before i start please bare with me   i'm not very technical  with part names etc etc   i recently had primary drive shaft (?)  seal  replaced ... On saturday  i went out  and i ran out of petrol ( shameful i know  and yes  the reserve was empty too )    BUT   whilst i was awaiting help  .... dark coloured oil dripped out of the overflow pipe ( i think its called that , the pipe at bottom of bike ) and was significant amount have i got a problem  eg another seal gone  or the bike too hot and just got rid of what it didnt need  ........i'm alittle confused been told both .....   thank u  x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

you have a pm                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Refreshing this topic, does anyone have any replies they'd like to share on here, for Nina and any other novice 'mechanics'?   Thanks Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
TBird_Steve's Profile
TBird_Steve

In: Berkhamsted

Could be just oil trapped from when your engine was moved about. You'll get a small amount out of it due to hot oil fumes condensing in the tube. Keep an eye on your oil level, if it looks like it is loosing oil I'd take it back and get them to look at it. If it isn't you probably have nothing to worry about.

Depends how much a significant amount is though. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

After the seal was replaced, they might have refilled the engine with a bit too much oil, which is now venting out of the crankcase breather, should stop of it's own accord, keep your eye on it though Nina, just to make sure it does Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 621 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption