Server problem this weekend

78 Posts | Latest reply on 28/04/2011 22:04:42 by RobL | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Been on site a couple of hours and no problems, apart from a numb bum.                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

All working great Matt.  Well done that man!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

so I've created a new script that will monitor the site for any pages that take more than 1 second to generate (not including the time it takes to send to your PC, as that depends on YOUR internet connection, not the server).   If it takes more than 1 second to load the page then it willl log the page, your ID, time, date, etc and how long it took.   Hopefully that will help me out.   Again please let me know if you see errors popping up.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

So far so good.  No page has taken more than 2 seconds to run.  And only 28 times has a page taken more than 1 second to generate (which is more than acceptable).                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

getting geeeky Matt!!  :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Yea it was me that just took the site down lol.  Will happen again in an hour or so too                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

Errr..... think I just suffered an issue!  Could not get to site and a page just took 24 seconds to generate!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

read post above yours  :-D   I'm applying some .net updates and needed to reboot the server.  Running on backup server now. Also making a ghost image of the main server for next hour (so it's offline)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

back on main server now.  I've gotta do some more things before I make an image.   Gonna go to the gym for an hour or two then continue later.   I'm quite confident (touch wood) that everything is quite healthy at the moment (really touching anything wooden i can find right now)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Ok back onto the backup server.   Folks please try to use the site as little as possible tonight while on the backup server, it's not very powerful and is only to maintain the site online - not to server pages at lightspeed like the main server.   I'll let you know (here) when back on the main server.   Try to avoid using the chatroom if possible.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

All the server problems that I can find have now been fixed.  The main server is restored and BM is running at full speed again.   A complete backup image of the main server has just been made and will be kept off-site in case of another future emergency.   Thank-you all so much for your patience.  And again, please let me know if you have any problems or errors popping up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well Done MattThumbs Up    and some people think you don't do anything...shame on them !WinkBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Rhidragon's Profile
Rhidragon

In: Hudderfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well done matt. 

Hope the bald spots on your head grow back in soon. Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Bald spots yea.... I've also broken out in a face full of spots! Not had spots like this since I was a teenager.  Big bubbles all over my bloody head.   Server is looking sweet though.  Not 1 single page has taken over 1 second to load since yesterday evening.  Not one database transaction has taken over 2 seconds to complete (except backup jobs etc).   I'm pretty chuffed  :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

And so you should be!!  Good work that man.  Maybe you can have a weekend off this time round!!  :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

hope so, and hope these spots clear up by then.  I'm covered in them.  Stress bubbles all over my forehead.  God dammit.   This weekend is festival time here in Holland too, so we're going to some big street parties.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

everything ok still folks?  According to my logs there's not a single page been slow in 24 hours, I'm chuffed to bits - gonna be a good weekend now lol.   Touch wood again!                                                                                                                                                                             
RobL's Profile
RobL

All looking good to me Matt!!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 942 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption