Server problem this weekend

78 Posts | Latest reply on 28/04/2011 22:04:42 by RobL | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Sorry to say that we might have a major server problem. I might even have made it worse. Really worried and my heart keeps skipping a dozen beats. Running on backup server now. I think my weekend (at least) has just been ruined                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Big Hammer and poke with screw driver                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I might even have made it worse.   Clumsy lad, stop fiddlin' lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Theres 2 drives in case 1 fails..1 is failing and I think the good one might have just become corrupted. Kinda by me in the process of fixing the broken one.

Please cross ur fingers for me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I wotn eb albe ot ypte if I do LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

lol good try though.   Main server back online now but I think it's corrupt.  Running on main server now while it tries to rebuild the GOOD disk from the BAD disk.  Already had 13 warnings/errors but I hope it continues and rebuilds ok.   4 more hours remaining, then I'll try to copy the main server to a new hard drive group (RAID) and see what happens.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Gonna be bouncing the server a lot over the next couple of hours so I apologise in advance for all the downtime.  Sorry but I can't help it, desperately trying to save the server

Matt's Profile
Matt

It's dead  :-(  Wont start up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

If anyone can get it going,you can....things always go wrong at holiday times!! You are doing your level best Matt, please don't stress too much?? X                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Please can I ask people NOT to use BikerMatch this weekend unless absolutely necessary?   We're in total crisis, catastrophic failure!   I even smoked a cigarette for God's sake!! ME!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

ah soz to hear this matt.... darn viruses there is too many idiots out there... hope you get it sorted soon chuck and im sure im not the only one who mucho appreciates all your doin to save it...... got all me bits crossed for ya x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

i wish it was a virus!   Server hardware failed during backup... causing me to lose server AND backup!   Now all I have is a backup from May last year on DVDs but I don't even know if that's gonna work now                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Main server back online from an old backup. Gotta check/rebuild/repair it before moving the sites back onto it.                                                                                                                                                                             
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

Matt , I  guess it's times like these that we get to fully appreciate what your up against ! H ere's hoping it will be resolved and all the best Thumbs UpHB x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yea thanks.   Does anyone know how to retrieve the IIS config from the file system and registry without being able to boot into the OS?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

3am and still nowhere near finished.  :-(                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

So what have I learnt?   That cigarettes do NOT help when you're panicking and stressing.  Really don't know how people smoke and enjoy it, it sucks.   Also learnt that having a good mate to talk to me and keep me calm has helped save the day.  I was freaking out!  Geek   Starting to look a bit better now.  Got an old (1 year old) backup restored.  Rebuilding the RAID now.  Need to rebuild the config on this backup as it's way out of date.  Upgrade mail service, apply updates to Windows, install new security software etc.   I don't see any sleep for me tonight  Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Back on the main server now, it's not fully repaired though so I'm not holding my breath now.   Gotta leave the RAID rebuild going for a few hours.  Gonna try to get some kip.   Mods - please phone me if the site goes down.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Please feel free to use the server normally now.  It will run a bit slow for the rest of the weekend I think (70% of resources dedicated to rebuilding the data and checking integrity)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Matt you are a genius. Be lost without BM. Huge hugs coming your way.(((((Matt)))))                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9219 seconds. There are 621 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption