TV show looking for 3 drivers - are you game??

37 Posts | Latest reply on 17/05/2011 17:44:58 by Boodyblues | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

New TV show on DAVE is looking for folk

We’re looking for teams of skilled and confident drivers to take part in the most extreme driving challenges imaginable.....
What do we mean by extreme?
Try these for size:-

· Being chased by 2 police cars across an industrial landscape complete with tight turns, lethal obstacles and plenty of walls for the coppers to smash you into!

· Take part in your very own version of the Stephen Spielberg’s ‘Duel’ as you attempt to avoid 2 juggernauts hell bent on destroying your everyday family saloon!

· An automotive equivalent of the gladiatorial duels of ancient Rome. You’ll find yourself in a deep pit accompanied by a host of evil fork lifts, JCBs and bull-dozers hell bent on destroying your vehicle!

· Avoiding incoming tank fire!

· Approaching a 16ft ramp with sufficient speed to jump 6 buses!

Yes, Yes we know what you’re thinking – we’ll never get away with it, someone will get killed. Well there probably would be issues if there were drivers in the cars – but there won’t be.....
Our teams will be operating the cars from a safe distance thanks to a combination of state of the art radio control systems, the very latest robotic technology and real time video links. Drivers will be competing in these destructive challenges from the comfort of an arcade style simulator

But this is no game! Teams will be controlling a selection of full size, real cars in a variety of high octane challenges. Cars will be destroyed!

If you’re still reading, it probably means that you’re interested in appearing on the show, so here’s some basic info:-

Teams
We’re looking for teams of 3 drivers
Team members should not only be good drivers, they should also be pretty confident in their abilities – arrogance is positively encouraged!
Teams should have a definite identity e.g. people who work together or share an interest / hobby / passion
One team member should be nominated as team captain
How much time will teams need to devote to the show?
If you make our shortlist a member of the production team will probably come to meet you at a time to suit your work/home schedule
Teams chosen for the show will be required to attend an orientation day which we hope to hold on either a Saturday or Sunday. This will be your chance to get hands on experience of driving a full size road car via remote control

We’ll also want to film a team introduction film with teams chosen for the show. This usually takes a day

The show itself takes 2 days to film (on occasion it might be over a weekend, but we can’t guarantee this). We’ll provide you with two nights hotel accommodation (a third night will be available for teams with a long journey home), 3 meals a day and small cash payment to cover basic essentials such as beers in the bar at the end of the day
When will the shows be filmed?

We are planning to shoot the series in June/July 2011. Dates will be confirmed soon

How do I apply?

Contact Brummie Jackie for details

They have specifically asked for folk who ride bikes as well as drive cars.

Over 18's only                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

oohhh 

This sounds like FUN !!! 

Ian always calls me a hooligan lol Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I suggest you enter feistygirl....I've sat in the back!                                                                                                                                                                             
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Probably need someone who can fly a RC helicopter, or one of the military drone pilots, I'll just drive one of the juggernauts out to kill/crush, just to get my own back on the suicidal tin box drivers I have to dodge every day!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

playstation generation is whats needed there then . is this a biker match team your building Jackie?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Twinnie

I am looking for at least 1 ladies team and 1 mans team, so 3 of each lol

Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

Hey Jackie   I'd be up for this  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

hey BJ   were's the form Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

It sounded exciting Thumbs Up until I got to the bit about simulation Unhappy lol, ah well I guess the health and safety fairies have killed any exciting stuff taking place like I used to get up to when I was a young un.                                                                                                                                                                              
cw's Profile
cw

In: Manchester
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Hey Jackie i'll do it if you sit in the passenger seat   Were do i sign up Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

if you need a spare person ........ give us a call                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

CW you can not be serious !!!

Cheers guys looks like we will be able to submit more than 2 teams at this rate GET IN THERE !!!!!

ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Hmmm do I put my ex test/development driver "skills" to the test?                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Awww thanks Minnie   LOL  ( i think ??!!)
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Right folks i will be sending those interested the form to fill in beginning of next week, and you need to attach a pic as well, god help em lol

feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Should i include the pic of me in my cop outfit Jackie?                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

that will def get you in the show lady without a doubt lol

i dare you lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well i am a loon in real life so simulating it could be fun lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sounds interesting jacks                                                                                                                                                                              
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

sounds good is there any room left if not good luck ..                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 562 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption