naming bikes

44 Posts | Latest reply on 03/06/2011 18:57:13 by SuzieSuzuki | Go to original / last post
kevinsmum's Profile
kevinsmum

In: harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is naming your bike a common thing or just restricted to the people I seem to talk to. I'm curious What do you ca ll your bike and why? I've had Smiler (Freewind). His headlight was the shape of a clown's mouth and I smiled a lot when I rode him. Candy was a candy red bandit The Jag is an XJ and current bike is Tommy Tippitoes - tell you why later                                                                                                                                                                             
wheelbarrow's Profile
wheelbarrow

In: Cardigan

I name all my cars and bikes, my land rover discovery of 1993 vintage is called Doris the disco, my bike I call Doris cos she is green like my disco. My tractor is called Doris but she is not green, I just call everything Doris, my workmates were always told my wife's name was Doris until she phoned me in the office and someone else answered and when she asked for me the person answering assumed it was my wife and said oh hello Doris how are you, the only things I don't call Doris are my 7 cats but I call them Puss. :-)
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

In: Belfast/Larne

Never call any of my vehicles anything, unless they start causing problems.  Then I call them various names like, YOU F"*+, M"!=~#, Ba"£&*! etc.

kevinsmum's Profile
kevinsmum

So long as you don't mix up the tractor with the mogs                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

PUK named herself because of her reg number lol                                                                                                                                                                              
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

it must be a woman thing to name cars or bikes                                                                                                                                                                             
kevinsmum's Profile
kevinsmum

I know lots of chaps who do                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

my cars called Audrey                                                                                                                                                                               
brigadoon's Profile
brigadoon

In: Basingstoke

I haven't named my car, but I've named my street triple the beast and the tiger Guuurrrr                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

My 125 was Stuey, cos once he was run in & lost the 'I cannot do it' mode, he liked to play with the big boys & was gonna take over the world lol 

Current bike is Vinny ... cos he is Ice Blue ... only peeps of a certain age will figure that lol 

Car is Kizzy cos of her number plate & last one was Al the Alto 

Yup only 1 of my Vehicles was/is female ... & its strange, out of all 4 ... its the one thats cost me the most Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My bikes called Maud because she's a Suzuki Marauder                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Good thread - interesting to see why & what we call our toys.  I have had a Talullah - Suzuki Volusia 800 Sassey - Suzuki Intruder 1500 lemon and white; the one I have now is Beasty Boy - Harley Davidson Road King 1600 just because he is Wink never named any of the rest as they didn't have attitude Cool   My car I call 'Johnny Cab' its a Nissan Cube looks like a cross between an anemic (pearl white) postman pats van and the taxi out of Total Recall Wacko - my mate said it was odd & quirky just like me Ouch cheeky bugger.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche

my bike cauld max cose its a maxim my cars zederdy cose of numder plate hugs x                                                                                                                                                                             
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

In: Stockport
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Surely, you'd have to know the sex, of a Vehicle, before you name it.
How do you "sex" a bike or car ?. Shell seems to know what gender her vehicles are, so I'll direct that question to you Shell lol

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Attitude hon , as I said stuey wanted to run with the big boys and take over the world. vinny cos he is an ice blue and makes a sweet sound. Al my alto was cos of one of my sons, who is called Alan, when he was little he was small, compact and can go forever on a full tank, Kizzy cos of her number plate and cos she is small n sassy sweet on the outside but with a naughty kick when my right foot goes down.

Always had a vehicle a while before it's been named, and the name has always 'just come to me' never thought about it and never 'sexed' a vehicle unlike some as always being a she :-)

Well you asked lol

clarkee's Profile
clarkee

So its all down to character then?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

For me it is yes. :-)

Ians car is nicknamed Hitler due to it's sat nav ... Whenever going on a motorway it's like a sergeant mayjor barking instructions and sounds annoyed lol But any other time it's a sweet voice                                                                                                                                                                              
clarkee's Profile
clarkee

Thank you for the explanation... my bike is in the garden, upside down....                                                                                                                                                                              
kevinsmum's Profile
kevinsmum

Think it's a  gender thing. Men like to 'master' their women!! whereas we women like to have a chap to boss around lol My vehicles have always been male. It's me and them against the rest of the world Kevin is my kraut kampervan Interesting about your prat nav Shell cos my ex had one that was so flippin annoying and mostly wrong I named her Blondie                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

my last bike i couldnt suss out if was a she or he seemed to depend on the day but mostly she was black bess (black bandit!) i agree with Shell its the character and it jus comes to ya!! my harley is currently called Harleyy (with two y's)!!! aint really got a clue why as it dont seme very original and i think she is gonna have another name soon which suits her better... but she is a shee with attitude Wink lol Heart                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 914 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption