Browser Issue

13 Posts | Latest reply on 08/04/2011 19:13:09 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm using Firefox at the moment, it seems to work better for me than IE but for some reason when i hover over peeps who are in the chatroom it doesnt tell me who is who... is it a browser issue or something to do with the site?                                                                                                                                                                              
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

It's the browser FG. Works ok in IE, but I use Google Chrome and it's the same as you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bandit_Mr_P's Profile
Bandit_Mr_P

In: e.g.Hollingworth

Geek Alert:   Firefox, Chrome etc follow stricter (more correct) rules for what the "ALT" tag does in a web page.    They don't display it, but Internet Explorer does!  It's IE that gets it wrong.   The correct tag is "TITLE" not "ALT", but as IE is so popular, people use "ALT" incorrectly.   You'll find that if you hover over someone's Karma strip, it also doesn't show the karma percentage.  Same problem!   Not something you're doing wrong FG.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Your right there GEEK alert lol                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

Thank you oh great Geek...... Hug    Hiya Sharky.... was that you in the chatroom last night?? ..... tiny piccie and no names didn't help, looks like i'm gonna have to start peeping at profiles....    Is there anything that Matt can do about it to help those of us who dont use IE? maybe write something else into the program?                                                                                                                                                                               
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Aye FG, I was.

I get round it by recognising the profile pics when they pop into chat. It's when people change the pics that it confuses me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

I know most of the oldies on here... lol  it's the newbies that throw me... ah well, i must visit more often.... LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

FG who can not know you lol                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

did anybody else understand what  MrP said ????? :-S                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

They only recognise me in fancy dress BJ LOL    and no Wheely the only bit i understood was that it wasn't my fault (for once) which is good enough for me                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

No FG they perv at you in fancy dress , there is a difference lol                                                                                                                                                                              
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Have to agree with what Mr P said  Geek   cus it sounded clever  LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I use firefox for most things on the net, but find IE much better for this site, I can use my own emoticons with IE but not with firefox                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4648 seconds. There are 862 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption