Help!

16 Posts | Latest reply on 04/03/2011 20:42:33 by Say_Ten | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Help. My bikes died on me. I went to start it to go back to work earlier. Turned the key, the nutral and fuel injection lights came on as they should, then all went off. What's happened? Ideas on a postcard please?                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

fuse is 1st point to look then battery in key fob for imob                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Trying to check fuses. Having trouble getting to them lol                                                                                                                                                                             
YID's Profile
YID

In: Scarborough
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Could be a goosed battery, mine died very quickly with symptoms like yours, fuel injection pump takes a lot out pressuring up!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks YID, a friends coming round to check it soon                                                                                                                                                                             
mungybear's Profile
mungybear

In: grantham

what bike is it?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Suzuki Marauder GZ 125. Looks like it could be either battery, alternator or even starter motor. Battery not holding any charge                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the key on your bike lone does not have a transponder chip or immobiliser but a alarm fob may if it has a alarm, my guess is either flat battery or corroded earth strap, if you need a hand getting it going text me you have my number                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks Ian. Haven't got any alarms or immobiliser on it. Local garage is picking it up in morning to try and sort it. Hope its nothing serious, want it back for evening, going to the Vic lol                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Hi Lone, I went to mine yesterday and the alarm kept going off when I was trying to start it up - eventually I found out that the battery in the fab was buggered!  It's horrible when there is no one near to help, so I feel for you.  Hope it's nothing major and you get back on the road again quickly and with out to much cost Handshake (nice offer from Ian Thumbs Up)                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

rectifier would be more likley cause than alternator try jump starting it with another batery  test for voltage when its running should go up to around 15-18 volts when running that would prove alternator working if it fluctuates then rectifier gone if not then prob just battery ! good luck                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got it sorted. It was the battery. Being replaced tomorrow. Thanks for all your help guys. Much appreciated ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

great, pleased you got it sorted Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
DriftnSlide's Profile
DriftnSlide

In: Belfast/Larne

But what caused the battery to go flat ?  Get them to check the CDI etc as if its not getting a charge, or shorting somewhere, then the same thing will happen to the new battery eventually.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think they checked all that Drift. It was 4 years old and bike is used everyday all year round too.                                                                                                                                                                              
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I would have thought a battery sitting is more likely to die than a battery used every day.  Unless your commute is really short?                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1037 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption