Biker Died 3 Times

9 Posts | Latest reply on 08/03/2011 20:07:35 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A 52 year old man, who was brought back to life three times and needed 38 operations following a motorcycle accident has vowed to ride again. Gary Brennan had a head-on collision with a car on his Ducati Hypermotard shortly after leaving a biker's meet near Leeds. Brennan was 'confirmed' dead at the scene, however, paramedics continued to work on him and he was resuscitated, then flown to Leeds General Hospital. Brennan's heart stopped twice more in hospital, however surgeons battled to save him, despite him having the worst injuries they'd ever seen in a living person. His injuries included: bleeding on the brain, a fractured spine in three places, a collapsed lung, two broken shoulder blades, a broken pelvis, crushed kidney, torn liver and various other broken bones. He was put into an artificial coma for 6 weeks to recover. Brennan, who runs a vegetarian pie business, is currently in a wheelchair but vows to get back on a motorcycle once his injuries have fully healed.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

That's what I call a bike lover, a lucky one!                                                                                                                                                                                   
Say_Ten's Profile
Say_Ten

In: Solihull
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

A bike lover yes, a lucky one I'm not so sure ;p                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Wow  Shocked  I am sure NABD will have him on the road if he can't do it by himself  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

His determination will aid his recovery for sure Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

his attitude is an inspiration to us all.  Thumbs up that man, I hope he's a member of BM and sees this message (or if someone knows him, please get in touch with him about this topic)                                                                                                                                                                             
fem-cbf6's Profile
fem-cbf6

In: north Wales

makes my 1 smashed knee and 1 smashed wrist seem so trivial.  Wish I could get in touch with him.  We could have a wheelchair race.  Few boards and bricks just to make it more interesting :)   Seriously though, like everybody else that's suffered injuries, it is difficult but if you keep that focus of riding again, then you will.  and he will too. - best of luck to him x                                                                                                                                                                             
Sharky92's Profile
Sharky92

In: Winsford, Cheshi

Aye, very lucky indeed. Very similar injuries to mine, except I was fortunate enough to be able to hobble out of hospital on crutches. Took 3 years on the sick before I could get on a bike again, but what a feeling when I did....

It'll take him a long time to recover, but he'll get there, and love it when he's back on two wheels. Gotta give the guy some respect Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Tell him to look into a can-am spyder if he still wants to ride but feel safe wicked ride                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3750 seconds. There are 588 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption