What do you wear?

26 Posts | Latest reply on 28/02/2011 12:29:49 by Boodyblues | Go to original / last post
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Baby Lotion works well on leather and the leather get damaged if you dry it out on heat, if you let it dry naturally it will be ok.                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Leather for me any time,bought my jacket at a sunday market for £60 years ago,good quality thick leather,nice and supple and it's shaped at the back so no problems with gaps.Leather trousers have lace up sides so I wear jeans underneath in the winter and in the summer,just the leathers.Warm in the winter and cool in the summer.I treat all my leather gear regularly (took em to the pictures last week!)LOL I use leather oil about once a month and that keeps them nice and supple and waterproof in all but the heaviest rain,then I just get wet,my skin is waterproof.  I've never been one for waterproof gear,never really wear it and I ride all the year round.Cant wear any of this armour stuff either,I find it very restrictive                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Textiles for me every time

Jackets far more practicle and comfy to wear touring, leather I found was only really good for short journeys (and textiles u don't look like ur wearing a baby romper suit Party ).

Trousers while leather is harder wearing new textiles are just a good for protection.  I decided to try this out 3 years ago on Nurburgring at 130 and walked away from incident Thumbs Up

I agree with geoffb2005 on one major point though is you need to protect ur legs.  Your hands and legs are one of the first things that will hit the ground.  Hit the road with out decent protection then anything over 30 forget walking away. 

Oh and don't wear 5 year old lids that have been kicked up and down the place as they won't save ya neither.  Part of my duties is mortuary cover and you can say what ever u like on here but we see end results Ermm

Wear the gear what ever it is you choose Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I bought in my niaevity (sorry bout the spelling), leathers, but now i'm converting to Gortex   xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

harley davidson outlander steel toe capped boots, combats, hoodie, leather waistcote, shorty helmet, black mask and shades.                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

is that just in bed ian?Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 483 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption