Events in the East

25 Posts | Latest reply on 24/02/2011 15:39:36 by rockchick123 | Go to original / last post
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I've been foolish enough to join the NE Events Team, but considering the NE BM zone is about 250 miles in length I thought it best to start local, so I've set myself the task of mobilizing (or attempting to) BM members in the east midlands bit of the NE zone.  That's roughly Humber down to the Wash, and M1 corridor over to the Lincolnshire coast (Derbys, Notts, Lincs, S Yorks).   I'm definitely too easily pleased, if I get a bit of a ride and a few beers (so camping/rallying) I'm happy, but I appreciate that's not everybody's bag.  So I've had a scan through the ideas thread that the events team started at the end of last year and made a very short list of the ideas that were put forward and haven't been picked up yet.   Here are the suggestions:-   Night at the Dogs Day out karting Paintballing Bowling night Camping weekends   The rest were mine, and are bike rallies and rock nights, and various camping weekends and day rides to areas such as Matlock, Skeggy, Newark, (creeping into northern territory but we can risk it) York, Brid/Scarborough.   The world (or east midlands at least) is our lobster, but I'm not into flogging a dead horse (I'm not that easily pleased), and I want BM members in the area to say which activities you fancy and the places you'd like to go to do them.    I aim to please, so come on into the forums and give us your twopennoth.                                                                                                                                                                               
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Good on u for gettin in there honey xx Im game for owt the does not involve heights lol !!                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Go you lady for starting the ball rolling :)

Bowling is a blast and we are having our second one next weekend good chance for newbies to join in and chat to folk :)

Am sure we can muster some folk to attend from west lol

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm up for anything too. Weather and dog sitter permitting lol. Would love to go to Scarborough with a group as I wouldn't do it on my own

mike99's Profile
mike99

In: mansfield

Bridlington, Scarborough, Whitby, nice round trip. Best wait till later on in the year though.

Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

You're a star 6psy Hug

Have been thinking of a winter get-together at mine?? Nowt too exciting but have 3 pubs in village and a fair amount of floor space for over-nighters. 3 pubs serve food but happy to make chilli depending on numbers. Sausage sarnies for brekkie!!

Only drawback would be roadside parking where you can find it!! (Some of you know what I mean!)

A Fri or Sat night before end of March??                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Nice one 6ypsy Thumbs Up, hope you get a good turn out.   Come on folks give 6ypsy your support, get yourself involved and make more friends, you'll be glad you did.   BTW please remember your camera and take lots of (decent) photos for the event calendar, fank ewe.  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Subject: Events in the East

Welcome to the East side from the Scottish East Thumbs Up

will try and pop down when I can as love the run down length of A68 into Englandshire Handshake

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Welcome gypsy ... Oooohhhh all those east coast towns !

Me thinks in the summer we could have rides out for 'The BM greatest fish n chips around hunt' :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Thanks BJ, a turnout by the BM party people would be more than welcome, you certainly know how to get folks to join in, and with any luck the midlands spirit may filter over this way. Shell - I reckon that must be the greatest event suggestion ever!!!  We could pretend we're experts and blag 'free samples'! With my girth I'm sure I could pass off as a chippy critic LOL   Madscots - it's another 100 mile to mine after the A68, but the Northern contingent are welcome to stay over anytime you fancy a ride down.   Sandi - I was a little inebriated at the cornwall meet last year, and still managed to get some great shots, so as long as I remember my camera I should be able to oblige.   Kaz, LR, Mike and Alice - interest - hooray!    Whitby is my favourite sea side so I'll go there anytime, we'll arrange a ride Lone Rider, but I agree Mike, we may even get a bit of sun if we leave it a few months.   Alice - your's is a fantastic offer, and I'll certainly make it.  I had a great time at the night up north (Manchester) last year when we had a stayover at Alex's.  There plenty of floor space at mine too, so we have 2 venues.  You're on Squire's doorstep and I'm minutes away from Matlock Bath so great Biker locales for members in other areas too.   Kaz - you're ok, I don't do heights either so nothing above ground level from me!   Thanks everyone for the encouragement and ideas.  Keep em coming and let's have an eventful 2011.   Cheers   Jac                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I'll be in Whitby 6 weeks time for a break as love the place Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

as allways im at the wrong for a ride to the coast lol but ill show up and say Hi anyhows .   there are a couple of places in bridlington  that do helmet parking so no need to lug them around ! ( does anybody use helmet parking ? )  there are pleanty of camp sites around here too all within easy reach of scarborough , whitby wolds etc ( im looking for a job with tourist bourd does it show lol )   but anyway be good to get something going up this end and its easyer to get to than Skeggy beleive it or not ! good luck 6ypsy Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
neil1340hd's Profile
neil1340hd

In: Ilkeston

HI 6ypsy this all sounds good to me ..  I used to do a coach trip to skeggy every weekend in summer so brid/scarborough /whitby sounds much better to me for a long run.. and a meet up in matlock for chips is allways welcome.. what about a run to castleton in the hope vally???not to far for a short day ride ..   keep up the good work Neil                                                                                                                                                                             
dawnie 1967's Profile
dawnie 1967

In: nottingham

hi 6psey it would be good to see things happening in the east midlands .as a new member i have noticed the lack of events around that area with me living there.it would be great news .go girl.                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

^ Huh?? Confused

Count me in Thumbs Up

6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Dawnie, I'd arranged this http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=7242 before becoming an official, it's dead handy for you as it's just off M1 Jn 27.   I know Brid is easier to get to from here, but as the NE area goes all the way down to the Wash, some Derbys/Notts/Lincolnshire rides will be handy for East Mids members to meet up at.   Once we get into late spring, when weather is a bit kinder to us (my a**e) we'll sort out some longer rides.    As a matter of interest, it would be handy to know if folks are interested in pub meets til the weather picks up, and whether day rides or nights out are preferred in the better weather.                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Right gang, events (starting) in the east.  I'm going up to the Fred Hill Run next Sunday (if it's dry roads cos I'm still dealing with new tyres).   It starts at Squires, Leedsish, so I'll be riding up to there from Derbyshire first.   If anyone fancies joining me on the ride up I'll be leaving here about 9.30, and any of you who want to come but are to far away to meet the start time you're welcome to stay at mine on Saturday.   I'll put a seperate thread on for this so no chance of missing it!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

which ways east??                                                                                                                                                                             
mike99's Profile
mike99

In: mansfield

left , i mean right.                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

El - Haven't you seen the film? East is East!   You are, to the Welsh but not to me LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 653 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption