Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

39 Posts | Latest reply on 13/02/2011 18:55:16 by Alice2 | Go to original / last post
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'd get shot of the active button altogether, and have people navigate around the forums.
 That way it encourages folks to actually have to click on the individual subs.
 The 'eye' in the forums is pretty easy to see, so finding threads that you've posted in really is a non-issue.
 Active forum button = lazy browser (IMHO)
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

The easiest way is look at the bottom of your profile it lists everything you have already posted in, cant get much easier than that me thinks :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

No Shell, I can't get used to it, I'm still missing topics lol   Give me a year or two LOL   DynaToon, I don't drink alcohol - I assume that's what Magners is.                                                                                                                                                                             
DynaToon's Profile
DynaToon

In: Consett

I prefer to think of it as ....well, Holy water Beer                                                                                                                                                                              
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

Im finding it easy to navigate my way round the forums no problem, but i spend a lot of time on a pc at college and at home, when anything is moved it allways makes you look twice but thats no bad thing.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

As boody says look twice and miss nothing                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Well I think it stinks! It's no bother selecting forums from the full list, but that's not the point.  Either a topic is active or it isn't.  If it isn't active you can't miss anything in it because it is inactive.   As Yama say's, a topic can be buried by mods who don't like the sound of it, and this exemplifies that perfectly, the thread informing us of this change made it to the active topics, but the thread discussing the change in a critical manner hasn't.   So I agree that the Active Topics button should be deleted, or renamed, and as my suggestion for the revised name was a bit long winded (topics currently being posted in which are deemed of importance by site staff), I propose that we go with Yama's suggestion 'censored active button' or CAB.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

good girl 6ypsy Thumbs Up xx

pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Am I the only one who has only just noticed the active topics button? I've only noticed it now because I started reading this thread lol
I normally just click on forums and then go to either general or events,the ones I have posted on are quite obvious because of the eye but they are not the only ones I will read   fuss over nothing if you ask me                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

(topics currently being posted in which are deemed of importance by site staff),   I would just like to remind folks that not all staff are moderators.   Staff List:   Webmaster / Treasurer Moderators (12 of) Admin (Newsletter / Calendar) Events Planning Team Advertisement Sales Merchandise Promotions Photographer                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I don't recall making a fuss, I asked a question.   The 'active topic' button has only just been introduced.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

It was done Becuse the events and important stuff was being lost in rubbish and highjacking threads for personal converstions,  if you dont like the way it is now talk to the peeps that were caused it. You say mods move stuff cus thay dont like it,  err NO ladys do you put knives forks and spoons in the same slot in the draw no, lads do you have metric and imp spanners in the same tray no, thats all thay are doing IF thay have to move stuff it's becuse you put it in the wrong place.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

very well put JP...love it...!!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

Not so very well put JP, very sexistly put - smacked wrist for you!   There's no problem with anything being moved to the correct place, but that's not what Sandi raised.  It was the removal of selected forums from the active topics category causing them to be missed.   And she's quite right, they are missed unless you don't use the active topics button.  Surely it's obvious that if you can't identify active topics with the active topics button something is amiss Confused   Also, if the reason it was done is to stop threads being hijacked for personal conversation it's failed at that too.  Hence the need for mods to go through the kiss rally thread and delete stuff out (as posted in said thread).  Is that service site wide or selected?   As for the blaming the peeps guilty of waffle posts; From what I've seen staff are as guilty as anyone. I like the waffle posts, they lighten the site.   The removal of posts is censorship, I don't agree with it, and it should only apply to offensive material (IMO) The ability to post in forums is a paid for service so limiting that (by their removal) could be a breach of contract.   Pondlife - I only found the active button as a result of Matt posting to say it was being changed so it's no great shakes for me really, and Sandi, soz for tarring all staff with the Mod brush Unhappy, hope I'm forgiven (she say's having just replaced Kwak with Sandi - oops)!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Yes 6ypsy I forgive ya Big smile   (I'll PM you my email address so you can send me some nice cake by way of a brib...an apology) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

Calm down it's not really that seriousBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

No prob Sandi, cake you can have!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My drawers contain a very eclectic mix ,sometimes the knives move in with the spoons, I have a pink screwdriver nestling next to my balloon whisk and two spanners and a spirit level have taken up residence next to my apple corerBig smile It's never boring in my drawersEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

LOL @ little chick LOL

BUT do agree with Sandi !! (maybe an age thing LOL) ...really struggle with change...but I've found out where all the important topics are (to me!!) ...tho' it DID take longer than most of you LOL LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.5781 seconds. There are 609 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption