Jenny Tinmouth - 1st woman BSB rider

8 Posts | Latest reply on 06/02/2011 21:40:42 by Phil | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

'Bout bl**dy time too Thumbs Up Big smile Clap Jenny Tinmouth will become the first woman to race in the British Superbike championship Former SA Superbike champion Hudson Kennaugh will have a new team mate in the 2011 British Superbike series - a girl. His team, Splitlath Motorsport, has just signed Jenny Tinmouth, the first woman ever to compete in Britain's premier motorcycle championship. She and Kennaugh will ride Aprilia RSV4's with engines and technical assistance provided by the factory. Tinmouth has been racing at National level since she first entered the British 125cc championship in 2003 and finished a close third in the 2010 British Supersport Cup. She also became the first woman to win a British Supersport Cup race, set a new record for the fastest lap by a female competitor at the Isle of Man TT and won the final round of the British Endurance championship at Cadwell Park in November. “I'm over the moon, I still can't believe it,” she said. “My ambition has always been to race Superbikes and I've been trying to get a ride on one for some time.  This is Hudson Kennaugh's new team mate: Jenny Tinmouth, who finished third in the 2010 British Supersport Cup. .''After a couple of years in Supersport and a few TT rides, this is a natural progression for me, and it's wonderful to get the chance to do it. I'm incredibly grateful to John for giving me this opportunity and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do on a Superbike.” Last week she began testing at Almeria in Spain with a 2010 machine. Team principal John Dimbylow said: “Jenny is a very talented rider and we were very interested after seeing her performance in 2010. “She's a proven race winner and is 100 percent committed to the season ahead. She certainly has the potential to be a very strong competitor in the British Superbike series. “Jenny will be the perfect team mate for Hudson and her arrival comes at the start of a very exciting time for the team. We are building a talented and strong crew and will be continuing our relationship with Aprilia after coming to an agreement to receive engines and assistance from Italy, and are looking forward to making our British Superbike debut with a bang in April.”                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

SPLITLATH Motorsport ? sounds bit like somthing else ?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think she has been on the brink of it for the last 2 years, at last she has the break she deserves, great to see.....roll on the BSB !!                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

the sign writer had a lithp. i mean lisp. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

JP trust you to take something so fantastic down to base level!!!=============>Ouch Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

sorry hun                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Clap More power to the women Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Just had a look at her web site. Some good photos on there. There are a couple where her pony tail has come out of her lid. Would not like to her her when she tries to brush the knot out. I speak form experience. she has posted photos of her X-ray films. The Girl is carrying some tin there.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 902 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption