Fred Hill Run Yorkshire 27 Feb 2011

16 Posts | Latest reply on 13/03/2011 12:49:54 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
manhill's Profile
manhill

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi All
Leeds MAG are intending to have this years Fred Hill Run at the end of this month. Hopefully, being a bit later than usual, there's slightly less chance of it being called off due to a two foot snowfall this year!
A celebration of the life of Fred Hill who died in prison while serving time for refusing to wear a motorcycle helmet as part of a peaceful protest against the helmet law.
AND, a good way to meet fellow MAG members, or find out more about MAG if you're not one (yet!). OR, just enjoy a couple of coffees, and blow a few cobwebs away before the Spring.

The run will take us through the fabulous North Yorkshire countryside ending at The Sun Inn, Brame Lane, Norwood HG3 1SZ
It's a fairly short run, so you shouldn't get too chilly.

All welcome! Leaving at 11.30 prompt.

Please pass this on to all & sundry - it's been organised a bit late so is not in any magazine listings.
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

where is it starting from?                                                                                                                                                                             
manhill's Profile
manhill

Oops! I'm sure that was on when I sent it!
SQUIRES.
You could probably have guessed, eh?
It's now on the events calendar too.

julie j's Profile
julie j

well had a sneaky feeling it might be!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

I`ve added myself but wont be going if the weather is iffy, may go to the pub in the car and see you there.                                                                                                                                                                             
oldyeti's Profile
oldyeti

In: Hartlepool now
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

would like to do this one, but only back from alps on morning of 27th, into hull at 9 am ish. is "possible" but may be a little trashed, will have to play by ear.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

This event is now on the event calendar, so you can add yourself to the attendance list. Remember to take your cameras, please? Big smile   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=1346                                                                                                                                                                             
mike99's Profile
mike99

In: mansfield

Im the same as julie j,  if the weathers good, ill be there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Am sure a few more folks would be willing to do this one :)                                                                                                                                                                              
6ypsy's Profile
6ypsy

In: Clay Cross
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Ditto to Julie and Mike, if it's decent weather I'll be there!                                                                                                                                                                             
manhill's Profile
manhill

Bit embarrassing this. I currently find myself without a functioning bike. The Rotary MAY be fixed by this weekend but it's by no means certain. I shall remain hopeful, but if I'm not at Squires on Sunday, it's not cos I've cried off, honest! It's just that I'm wheel-less! Even more reason for as many as can make it to come and join in though; remember Fred's sacrifice for our biking freedom, and support MAG's ongoing work. Sorry about that. Unless I see you all there, in which case I'll be very happy instead, cos it'll mean I've got my bike back, without a broken frame. John                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

John, wassup with your car, is that broken too?                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

BUMP                                                                                                                                                                              
manhill's Profile
manhill

He-he. No, Sandi, car is fine. But it's not quite the right vehicle for a MAG run! I may well come along in t'car, with my new camera, and film a few bits, if the bike doesn't make it. (And I've not had that call yet, so it's not looking good...)
manhill's Profile
manhill

Finished the video of the run today AND collected my bike. So winter is officially over.
Video is at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-zfHiwVFc

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

So John you'll be popping to mine for a cuppa then yea? (I've moved house so PM me for the address)   That link didn't work, it said it didn't match any documents.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 618 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption