Motorbikes 'to get safe driving aids'

26 Posts | Latest reply on 28/01/2011 11:57:39 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know someone who has Aids!   I think that TV advertised new training aid for ladies the shakey weight is great. It could help you get a very strong wrist ladies. And us men can see massive benefits in that can't we lads ! The obvious benefits i can think of after watching ladies exorcise on telly shaking the weight in a vigorous up and down movement, is (1). reduced soreness when riding, And (2) an increase in grip around your handlebars.   Yes not all aids are bad, i have bought the wife two shakey's and she does'nt even ride bikes Ha Haaaa ! DOA                                                                                                                                                                             
marsey's Profile
marsey

In: South Cumbria

@ geoffb2005

" So I think that any research into offering us more information whilst we are on the road is research well worth doing."

Would you trust your life to a piece of electronic equipment,  how many times have sat navs got people lost, nuff said

Training better road craft, and raising other road users awareness of motorcyclists is the key to lowering accident figures,

those figures come from the government and they always tell the truth. ( Nah they just bend the truth a little when it suits em )

Here's a little snippet of information, if you fell off your bike and lightly bruised your little finger and went to A+E to have it looked at, because you attended hospital,
it will be classed as a serious accident in the statistics.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

GET REAL ! Motorbikes are Dangerous !   Unfortunatley some bikers have to commute in urban areas because of finances, or access to work whatever. I t is dangerous, and you have good chance of getting hurt based on Risk Asessment ! (Insurers know).   I would not get a bike to commute in urban areas it is too dangerous !  Luckily for me My job and my age means i can ride a high powerd Streetfighter (X11),at a reasonable cost, for Pleasure!   I bought the bike for its power, I am  very very  careful in urban situations, ( Because of the Risk ). But I have fun and in rural areas i pick my roads and use the bike to its potential, riding safely at speed.  But once again I have more chance of  having an accident on my bike than in a car. Why ? forget other road users, Potholes, Cowshit, Wet, Diesel, need i go on, they dont bother cars maybe diesel (4 wheels).   If you ride a bike you are putting yourself and other roadusers at risk pottering on your Harley, or flying about on your R1.   I DONT CARE !  I love my Bike and if I die on it then so be it ! When I am on the bike I am the happiest man on the Planet. But Ladies & Gentlemen Get real ! every time you cock your leg, you cock up your life expectancy. DOA                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

2 topics merged                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Cars and bikes have to many (want for better wording) safety features. When a friend was talking about the honda CBR600 being a very forgiving bike. it started me thinking people are riding/driving beyond their own ability, they are relying all the the bike or car to get them out of trouble and then tell themself how good they are. Car accidents went up when seat belts were made compulsory. People crashing thinking ABS stops them quicker and so they brake later. It's called risk compensation. Safety features are ok if the used correctly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good one Ragnar ! ( Risk Compensation)  Can any BM answer this. Right you lot guess percentage of  non fatal accidents/ fatal accidents, if the following survey was applied using number plate recognition over 5yrs, data 2011,2012,2013 etc; 10,000 Cars + 10,000 bikes selected at random with even distibution across Great Britain. Then Split Data for Bikes + Cars all models pre 2005. then 2005 onwards. ( PRE ABS Traction Control )   Still with me ? Right then  Split Age Groups 20-35 and 35-60.   Answers on a Post card.   1. More or less accidents cars ?   2. More or less accidents on bikes/cars before 2005 ABS Traction control ?   3. I think we know the age group one, or do we?  Most of the sports jockeys who fly past me I meet up later and helmet comes off and he is an old wrinkly like me !   That should flex your grey matter a bit   And the Answer is Bikes are Dangerous !   So Lets Be Careful Out There! DOA                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 922 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption