That first ride out

27 Posts | Latest reply on 25/01/2011 23:48:10 by bikerbitch | Go to original / last post
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well,yesterday I got my bike out for the first time in round-a-bout 4 months,due to my father being poorly,I did'nt/could'nt have my baby out.............not having the time!
anyways,albiet a little bit rusty on my riding skills and butterfly's in my tummy for the first 20minutes or so! I plodded along at a sensible speed.(70/75) took my first corner at 25 mph (lol)

second a little faster,third back up to speed,60/65 awesome,I felt amazing,the buzz had returned,so I had a little play,keeping most of my speed at legal limits.on controlled roads.wow,did I feel good!

oh yes,the baitch is back.......................

You know! the riding is living,feeling that rush.the wind circulating around you the sense of freedom............

It do's your stress levels a power of good,or atleast mine,

How do's it make you feel being on your bike?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

At the moment?  Cold I'd imagine lol.    When it's warmer, and you get a lovely road, nothing better for clearing the mind and blowing the cobwebs away......... well, nothing I could post on here anyways Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I had my first ride out in 5 months yesterday too , was still a bit nippy but not too bad, and I was just like you ,

Poor Mr P once I was back in the swing had my rendition of ' I feel good ! De ne ne ne ne ne na ... I knew that I would ...' being ' sung' across the intercom lol I am sure I heard him mutter something about wanting flat batteries lol
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

In: Belper

Good on yer BBThumbs Up yeah it sure does blow the cobwebs away and what a complete and utter blastBig smile Been out most weekends this winter except when we had the dreaded white stuff Disapprove You know the old saying ......... If you want to know why a dog sticks his head out of a car window ...... ask a biker Thumbs Up Happy riding to one and all and see you at the Rallies Approve x                                                                                                                                                                             
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

In: Rotherhell

I agree BB biking is the best form of meditation on earth. I've been riding all winter (just to work and short jaunts at weekends) except when the snow was being an arse. Even then as soon as it started to thaw I was out and got stopped by the cops because he thought I was 'suspicious'.   Had my first decent blast for enjoyment today though and went to Scarborough. Now I've got that lovely ache in my hands from tendon abuse, my neck and shoulders ache, somehow managed to get sand in one boot and I've bought some fudge with a picture of Scarborough on the box.   All is rosey in the garden and God is in his heaven.                                                                                                                                                                             
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

LOLcon ! you could have taken me Unhappy I needed some rock badly LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

I've got a stick of rock in my desk drawer, (probably out of date) from a Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction gig that says 'f**ked by Rock* through the middle. Got it free with a t-shirt.                                                                                                                                                                             
honda baby's Profile
honda baby

ooooooh nice LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

scarborough and olivers mount ahhhhhh those were the days.                                                                                                                                                                             
Contradiction's Profile
Contradiction

Did Oliver have a stick of rock?

honda baby's Profile
honda baby

mount ollie and his rockin rock LOL bump                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yayyy ziggy lives!!   might go for  a little run out this aft Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
kazninja's Profile
kazninja

In: nottingham

HB - love the "why the dog puts its head out of a car window" lol !!!     been out on mine every day since the snow went and week end jaunts too, yesterday morning felt a little flat so cheered myself up by gatting the bike out and having a blast to, no where in particular but managed to clock up 40 miles of riding - no better feeling indeed (erhm..)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Nice on Kaz! I've not been on mine since nov...so just gonna go local.. im a bit rusty  lol                                                                                                                                                                              
kwakgirl's Profile
kwakgirl

In: Kilmarnock

out on mine on 2nd january for the first time in 2 months - 300 yds and back in the groove! woooohoooooo - it was cold but who cares.   since then its been parked up back in the lounge. gotta take it out next monday for its MOT then get its newly painted bits back on then ......yay summer here we come!                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

yayy nice one kwakgirlThumbs Up     Im  bit nervous to be honest.. got butterflies..but will be ok..once ive got to the top of my street lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Kaz you're right, no better feeling, I have to go to work at 6 o'clock in the morning. It's cold and dark but as soon as I get on my bike I forget about all that. I actually look forward to going to work. It's a good excuse to use my bike lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Geoffrey's Profile
Geoffrey

In: Durham

I was out Sunday too..... and will be out this Sunday...... hopefully                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

Yayyyy just got back..had a good run up the by-passes and down some country lanes ..even got talking to a fellow biker at the petrol station, tho she was in her car!!  she sed i was brave to be out! lol   Bit of rain on the way back..lots of mud and diesel on the roads...but took it steady (apart from on the by-passes...lol)  and came back with  huge grin on my face Big smile   Roll on the summer! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just took mine out too, and yes Karey, the roads are slick with diesel & mud. But the worst thing was the Potholes!!! Still put a smile on me face though.   Take care out there everyone, hitting a pothole at any speed wouold not be fun!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 678 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption