Taking the plunge!

119 Posts | Latest reply on 15/05/2011 12:15:26 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Awww HRC Hug   I'm glad you're not giving up!    We've all had bad days.  I've set out on Ziggy and done everything wrong and ended up going home.  Much better to ride when you're feeling good, then when you're not.   It does seem alot to think about ..clutch, throttle, brake, gears, steering..    I thought I would never master it, but you will soon be doing it without even thinking about it.. trust me.   It's a good idea to try the automatic, at least you will get a feel of biking, without having to concentrate on what the left hand etc is doing Smile   Good Luck Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                 
PaulXXX's Profile
PaulXXX

In: Swadlincote

Hi HRC Big smile

Glad to see you not giving up Thumbs Up

GOOD LUCK Thumbs Up

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Hey Lady the world loves a fighter :)

xxx

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Jackie is proof of that ...

HRC you will be better for it, I am no instructor but I would say stick to learning what you want to ride ... Only do your CBT on a twist n go if thats what you will ride round on for while not if you want a geared bike 1st off.

Get yourself some kalms and take them for a few days before your CBT they work, I was advised by my Dr to do that before my test after I was wound so tight cos so many were cancelled cos of the weather
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

HRC if you want some moral support and it's not a school day for me, give me a shout and i'll come along and give you some moral support                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Big smile

well I had a go on the automatic last night and I got some confidence back, thankfully!  so feel a bit better
going to have another lesson tomorrow instead of cbt, don't want to waste another day - and yes, I know it's costing me more but I'd far rather be safe and confident than sorry and deaded!!!! Dead

but can I just say.....I HATE THOSE BLOODY CONES!!!!!!!
LOL

Karey's Profile
Karey

Hahah .. good for you!  Just take it at your own pace, like you said.    It will all come together, when you're relaxed and not stressing over it.   Have a good day tomorrow.. try not to tense up.. relax your shoulders..and keep your head up.     Don't  look down at the cones, turn your head to look where you're going, not down at your front wheel...if that makes sense?   Above all, enjoy yourself.  Hug                                                                                                                                                                                 
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Best thing you will ever do.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

:-)

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
HippyRockChick's Profile
HippyRockChick

In: Manchester

Woooohooo
well I only been and gorn and done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had another  lesson on the moped and did ok, nerves sorted, everything done right so felt ready to re-book cbt.  Got back in and put helmet and jacket away and then went to book for another day only to be told I was going out on the road for a bit Shocked  just a little ride out and a few manoeuvres on an industrial estate he said! 
Ok, I thought, not too bad, will give e a bit of practice........2 and a bit hours later and they give me my certificate Big smileThumbs UpClap

I'm soooo chuffed, been grinning like a Cheshire cat all the way home

Big hugs to everyone for all your support

Now, all I need is a BIKE!!!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well done that lady ... now your 1/2 way to being my riding bud :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
RobL's Profile
RobL

In: Wolverhampton
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Excellent news HRC.  Another biker on the road!!  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Yayyyyy Well Done HRC!   knew you could do it Thumbs Up   Good Luck with getting a bike Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

yayyy knew you would pass Thumbs Up congratulations HRC xxx
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Congratulations HRC x                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Woo Hoo.well done HRC. So pleased for you huni. Get those pennies saved and get yourself out there on a bike enjoying the summer Thumbs Up

Jack Jones's Profile
Jack Jones

In: Tell you later

well done HRC  pleased for you  . ( keep this to your self,  but i gotta go there soon as ive never done a CBT in my life.... )  WackoSickConfusedGeekSleepy                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Go you Lady wahooooooooooooooooooooooo                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Now to get her her bike ... so I wont be the only female riding from here to Wales next time Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done HRC, and good to hear you're going to Barmouth on the bike this time Shell.  Wish I was :(                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 323 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption